Stop the divisive SWA AAI stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the Hawaiian wide body Captains would all be placed at the top of the
seniority list, with the SW narrow body pilots under them?

That's probably how an arbitrator would see it.

Maybe a good idea for Southwest to avoid an impartial arbitration again
because they aren't going to like the results.

My guess is that it would be dozens of pages of material and not one sentence no matter how that SLI is resolved.

I would ask you to read the first two posts on this thread and determine who is doing what.

If loyalty is something you find to be the same as a Cheerleader, then I am a VERY proud Cheerleader. :cool:

SWAdude,

So you don't want me to give my opinion on your merger and resulting integration? I happen to think it was done poorly. But, again, you don't want me to give it...... Alriiiiight....? I didn't even start the thread.

Bye Bye---General Lee

What is also weird is how you chose to get on the SWA bashing bandwagon not even closely representing what I wrote.

No business is bullet proof. But some are much stronger than others and our balance sheet is stronger than it has ever been while others are still largely weaker than they were prior 9/11 or the Gulf War so when it comes to weathering the storm, we could even better than before.

And maybe you should be happy about this factoid since there is legitimate rumors going around that Hawaiian might very well be the next acquisition.

If you think SWA is a more secure career than the big 3 you are deluding yourself.
Personally, my take is the music has stopped for this industry and those of us that are left all have chairs. But for sure SWA is going to feel more pressure from VA, JetBlue, Spirit anf F9 than the 3 large legacies will. I'm sure you'll be fine, but your niche in the market is a vulnerable one.
The HA merging with anyone rumor always floats around but doesn't happen and for good reason. As far as with SWA, it's been soundly debunked on here and I'm not going to even bother pointing out the numerous reasons that thinking SWA having an AirBus hub in HNL would work for them is foolish. DAL and AA are the only ones who could possibly make it work, but that too is highly unlikely. We have a niche that only works as Hawaiian Air, paint another name on the side of our airplanes and merge us with another employee group and you pretty much kill what has made us successful.

Last edited:
Southwest carries more domestic passengers in the US than any other carrier, I think most will agree that's more than a niche.

Yes it's a "niche" It's the LCC niche and your business plan is much more like the other LCC carriers than the legacies. Your market is largely the budget traveler.
It's not an insult coming from me, Hawaiian is a total niche carrier. We serve mostly the vacation traveler. Personally, I think it's a better place to be than at one of the big three. So nothing wrong with having a nice niche.

My guess is that it would be dozens of pages of material and not one sentence no matter how that SLI is resolved.

You are correct there! I think it's a safe bet arbitrators don't use FlightInfo as a resource when deciding career expectations, relative seniority etc!

Well that escalated quickly...

It's over. There's nothing any of us can do about this. Moving along, nothing more to see here. All that matters now is that we grow like crazy and hope the check on the 5th and 20th never bounces.

Word.

Latest resources

Back