• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess is CBA first unless forced by sell offs. They are doing it with the flight attendants ... Not hiring even though we need more now. Like maybe 30.

I agree.

But dude, bring back Clint....the new avatar ain't cutting it. Jussssss sayin'

Spoke with an XLS crew today in the van to the same hotel today. Both pilots seemed quite unhappy with the situation at Netjets complaining that:

1. Understaffed (reason why you need to bring furloughees back)
2. Shorter overnights leading to much higher fatigue levels
3. No real movement from fleet to fleet unless your fleet loses airplanes
4. Claimed certain fleets are proving very unreliable (thank goodness CL350s are coming)
5. Claimed many FOs "talking" about applying to legacies but waiting to see new contract terms

It was an eye-opening conversation but I always take them with a grain of salt, but I have heard this theme consistently recently. Tough situation. I hope some furloughees get called back gradually to provide some schedule relief (especially with the busy holidays approaching) because QOL sounded like it has degraded. Makes you wonder how many furloughees now employed elsewhere (e.g., Jet Blue, Part 91, etc.) would even consider returning to be on the bottom of that list...

Why not, I mean the pilots are going to get "10/250", which should put the FOs easily in the 150K range........:laugh:

No extended days for me "buckos"!!

The word is pretty well out that if they are offering you and extended day at the end of your tour, they are working you on the last day and may not be able to get you home in 14 hours or before midnight. Most guys are opting to turn down the extended day and go for the much better "after midnight" pay.

Sorry Buck, the other rumor is that FAA and age 67 is a done deal. My rumor cancels out yours.

I do anticipate a bunch of old guys retiring after the contract is finalized depending on what they get as far as a signing bonus?

(Go to your plan "B")

Conditions have never been better for the recall due to more than 11 days of sell offs. There is no telling what kind of B.S. the company will try to pull if this actually happens?

Good luck to us all!

Semore

Interesting conversation fellas however be aware that union official with the last name of Ward is telling the furloughed guys on the furloughed board a different story. He says that when he flys the line he gets 12 hours rest never 14 and 10 and he just does not see the staff shortage everyone is talking about and he is never offered extended days. Just saying.

Interesting conversation fellas however be aware that union official with the last name of Ward is telling the furloughed guys on the furloughed board a different story. He says that when he flys the line he gets 12 hours rest never 14 and 10 and he just does not see the staff shortage everyone is talking about and he is never offered extended days. Just saying.

Keep in mind, if memory serves me correctly, Ward, Timko, and Rimon were basically telling furloughed guys they would be furloughing more come Spring 2012..... This was after several heated debates about the very same extended day conversations..... And how we were wrong....

One of the guys who was part of the Presidential recall, emailed me once and I asked him if the company was in as dire straights as those 3 made it seem.. He flat out said that he thinks the company was doing well enough, and the rhetoric from the leadership was embellishing the state of the company for their own political purposes... And " the bull in a China shop" metaphor used for the then president was pretty accurate.

I came to believe nothing that came outta those 3-4 guys mouths.....

I don't see BW as the same type of creature as the other two mentioned. I may have missed something but he's is one of only two "brothers" left talking to the furloughed scum.

I don't care for his message sometimes, but he has tried to keep us in the loop as much as possible.

Looking forward to having a voice again with the active group, light will be shed on the bad behavior.......

Latest resources

Back