Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Still think we're better off without ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh yes cause ALPA has had its shares of wins in terms of getting that revenue. The only revenue they guarantee getting is 2% of yours.

All the power to you, if you think ALPA is your meal ticket go for it.

You work at a 35% discount to SWA, your peer. What's with 2%? You people are stupid.

Bankruptcy does a wonder for the majority of the carriers you list. The other actually charges the proper amount for their product and makes boatloads of cash unlike passenger airlines.

You work for a company bringing in $5 billion a year with 167 airplanes and you're too scared and blue to ask for your share. Good work. This place is very very very far away from bankruptcy, it is centered on all the disposable income in America, New York City.

Wake up, the money slips by every day and you won't see a dime without a CBA.

You work at a 35% discount to SWA, your peer. What's with 2%? You people are stupid.

Us airways - in house but long time ALPA. How do they compare to SWA?

How about united?

I notice you didnt list Virgin. I'm betting management looks at them as a peer.

Selectively comparing to the outlier is nice. Your 2% at ALPA gains you nothing, your down 2% till the next CBA.

Actually you are wrong. Jetblue does set the premiums. The benefits of self-insured are more company biased than employee. Under self-funded plans, the employer decides what benefits are offered, determines whether claims are appropriate, and processes and pays claims. Provided it complies with certain federal regs and with the improved cash flow of the plan it can set the premiums or subsidize them further. Though Jetblue limits our access to plan literature and data the 33% increases we are subject to this year alone indicates a significant lack of subsidy.
Under a CBA the issues above are negotiated and not simply passed on to the employee.

No, you're wrong. If what you say is true, jetBlue could sell insurance. They price the plan through insurance companies who create all of what you list and they underwrite it and administer it. Underwrite = set the rates. JetBlue then gets a total cost and sets a subsidy based on a corporate decision. Sounds like they're decreasing said subsidy just like 99% of all employers out there. You think ALPA can stop a freight train like that? You're dreaming. Be realistic. Howd they do post 9/11 with that freight train?

You are also in lala land with the CBA. You negotiate health care rates every year when costs and plan provisions and networks dramatically swing? How long is the average CBA negotiated, three years? Say Obamacare comes into being what then? A CBA is the dumbest place to negotiate a benefits package, especially retirement ones (as the active members could give a crap about retired ones who pay no dues).

I bet the CA in BDL is wishing he had a Union rep about now. Hope it never happens to you.

No, you're wrong. If what you say is true, jetBlue could sell insurance. They price the plan through insurance companies who create all of what you list and they underwrite it and administer it. Underwrite = set the rates. JetBlue then gets a total cost and sets a subsidy based on a corporate decision. Sounds like they're decreasing said subsidy just like 99% of all employers out there. You think ALPA can stop a freight train like that? You're dreaming. Be realistic. Howd they do post 9/11 with that freight train?

You are also in lala land with the CBA. You negotiate health care rates every year when costs and plan provisions and networks dramatically swing? How long is the average CBA negotiated, three years? Say Obamacare comes into being what then? A CBA is the dumbest place to negotiate a benefits package, especially retirement ones (as the active members could give a crap about retired ones who pay no dues).

Please tell me you don't work for JetBlue, and never want to work here.

We don't need number 1184 on the clueless train.

Please tell me you don't work for JetBlue, and never want to work here.

We don't need number 1184 on the clueless train.

That's a great rate of return on your potential two percent. ALPAs track record must be outstanding in owning management in say the last 10 years. I guess I am clueless. Bet the winner.

I've said nothing about JetBlue management or gave an opinion on them yet you think I'm their stooge. I'm sure they're quite clueless and care only about the next quarter as every other senior management team in corporate America thinks. I am just trying to save you 2% that's all.

Thanks, I'm a big boy and can make my own decisions.

I've been ALPA twice in my career, and IBT once. I've also been on two ALPA organizing committees, and held virtually every position in ALPA leadership. I know what I'm getting with ALPA, and as someone currently employed by JB, I can tell you we need them. I don't care about 2% dues when they can screw around with my insurance and pay at will, and I have zero job security.

Thanks, I'm a big boy and can make my own decisions.

I've been ALPA twice in my career, and IBT once. I've also been on two ALPA organizing committees, and held virtually every position in ALPA leadership. I know what I'm getting with ALPA, and as someone currently employed by JB, I can tell you we need them. I don't care about 2% dues when they can screw around with my insurance and pay at will, and I have zero job security.

Exactly. When you work at a 35% discount (total cost as expressed in PCASM), 2% is nothing, in fact it's less than 2%, it's 1.95%.

Negotiating a competitive compensation and benefit package on par with Alaska/Hawaiian/SWA is the answer. $5 billion is a lot of money to leave on the table.

I bet the CA in BDL is wishing he had a Union rep about now. Hope it never happens to you.

You are unfortunately 100% correct. They now have him making recordings for the whole company to hear how his statement was taken out of context. He's the headline of our company website. It's positively terrifying.

But 1193 dopes are fine with that...:angryfire

Latest resources

Back