Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Still think we're better off without ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am just trying to save you 2% that's all.

I'm sure the Captain of Flt 504 is perfectly thrilled he's saving 2%. You're right, you get absolutely NOTHING for your 2%....:rolleyes:

Without 2% all the ca had to say was speak to my attorney and say no. Not my fault he doesn't have a back bone.

Exactly. When you work at a 35% discount (total cost as expressed in PCASM), 2% is nothing, in fact it's less than 2%, it's 1.95%.

Negotiating a competitive compensation and benefit package on par with Alaska/Hawaiian/SWA is the answer. $5 billion is a lot of money to leave on the table.

You actually think ALPA will negotiate a SWA raise. Who is drinking Kool-aid here?

All the JetBlue pilots have a say in the matter. It's called two feet and walk out the door. Sadly if it really is as bad as you say, people will not want to come there. Think that will fly in our profession?

Without 2% all the ca had to say was speak to my attorney and say no. Not my fault he doesn't have a back bone.

His what?!?! What was that word? A-T-T-O-R-N-E-Y??

What attorney? From where? Who pays for an attorney?

You're right again. MUCH cheaper to not pay 2% and pay for an attorney out of his own pocket.

You don't work here and you don't know what you're talking about. But you'd make a great VP of Ops...we may be posting for one soon.

His what?!?! What was that word? A-T-T-O-R-N-E-Y??

What attorney? From where? Who pays for an attorney?

You're right again. MUCH cheaper to not pay 2% and pay for an attorney out of his own pocket.

You don't work here and you don't know what you're talking about. But you'd make a great VP of Ops...we may be posting for one soon.

You must not know any attorneys, most of whom would have jizzed in their pants to take on his case with the publicity it generated.

Better call Saul.

That's a great rate of return on your potential two percent. ALPAs track record must be outstanding in owning management in say the last 10 years. I guess I am clueless. Bet the winner.

I've said nothing about JetBlue management or gave an opinion on them yet you think I'm their stooge. I'm sure they're quite clueless and care only about the next quarter as every other senior management team in corporate America thinks. I am just trying to save you 2% that's all.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Having an attorney in his case would be nice, having 2300 of his fellow pilots and ALPA legal behind him would be so much better.

Having an attorney in his case would be nice, having 2300 of his fellow pilots and ALPA legal behind him would be so much better.

Amen, Dizel. For those who say, "Hire your own attorney," here's the scenario.

You get called in but say "I'll bring my attorney." They say, never mind, you're fired.

It takes you a couple years to get your job back and then its with a LARGE target on you. Guess what happens on your next sim ride?

With ALPA, there's a system of discipline and appeal that happen WHILE you're still employed.

Yeah, that's worth 2% to me.

Latest resources

Back