• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Status of Flight Options Including Fleet Plans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't some senator sponsoring a bill to help bail out fractional owners who were victimized and tricked by the fractional providers to buy a bigger share or a share of a larger jet than they could actually afford? Somewhere in this week's multi-hundred-billion assistanmce bills there has to be a provision to help out the fractional owners. The jobs of aircraft manufacturers,their suppliers, pilots, dispatchers, maintenance crews, in flight caterers, FBO line personel, air traffic controllers, CBP officers, jet fuel refiners and truckers and many others are at stake. "I could only afford a 1/16th of an Ultra but they tricked me into a 1/4 of a G-IV but we all knew I would have trouble paying for it."

We all need some humor.

Fly safe.

Didn't Kenn have a local company as the prime owner on that GIV? I thought he did what he used to do in the CW days and take a minority position in it to keep the client under control? Has that changed? ...

If I have my facts straight, I think one GIV was wholey owned by Brantley Partners and/or Mr. Pinkus. I think he/they were also the backing behind Kenn when he formed Flight Options back in 1998. Kenn bought the GIV from Brantley a while back, and still has it. The other GIV was fractionalized, and those owners have now either become Legacy owners or (more likely) become owners at NetJets. There were recent rumors of something happening between Jet Direct and Flops, but then I read a story today in AIN online that [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] "the acquisition of JetDirect assets by Brantley Partners-backed JDA Acquisition Company (JDAAC) is still on track.[/FONT]" ... Maybe this thing will coming full circle with Kenn Ricci (backed by Brantley Partners) at the helm without H.I.G. !!?!

Who really knows what the heck is happening ???

The fact that all the other frac's were granted federal money and flops was left out in the cold is not a good sign.

where did you get that information?? the enquirer?

Associated press

Hey Frac boys,

No kidding, the article was in the Associated press. I am surprised that this is not front page news if you are still flying in the fractionals. Disgraceful! We as taxpayers should be financing some guy that bought into a private fractional jet and now that it is underwater he needs to be bailed out. God forbid some millionaire should lose money! If I show 2 most recent pay stubs I wonder if they will let me buy a quarter share of a GV. I mean they will bail me out if I cant make the payments right?

Hey Frac boys,

No kidding, the article was in the Associated press. I am surprised that this is not front page news if you are still flying in the fractionals. Disgraceful! We as taxpayers should be financing some guy that bought into a private fractional jet and now that it is underwater he needs to be bailed out. God forbid some millionaire should lose money! If I show 2 most recent pay stubs I wonder if they will let me buy a quarter share of a GV. I mean they will bail me out if I cant make the payments right?

Twad,

If you are referring to Dooker's Thread, "Obama throws $20 billion lifeline to private jet owners", that was a joke. He writes them well and almost makes them believable, but a joke none the less. If you need help getting that fish hook out of your lip, let me know.

Last edited:
The other GIV was fractionalized, and those owners have now either become Legacy owners or (more likely) become owners at NetJets.

FlOps had 1 GIV owner move into the Legacy, who has since left. All of the GIV owners were in that airplane because they wanted a GIV, and they were expecting the fleet would grow sufficiently to service their needs. Obviously, that never happened. So, yes. Most moved to NJI (one owner bought a F900).

The Pinkas airplane was the first to leave. Kenn has the other one (which, although an earlier serial #, is the more desireable of the two).

Hey Frac boys,

You "the taxpayers" are not bailing out anybody in the fractional world my friend, I promise you. Check your data again, maybe do some research, I have no idea where you got that from.

Wahington and the media bash all forms of corporate flying every chance they get... The governemnt would flush that money down the toilet before they "bail out" a fractional owner.

Due to all the bad rep. Raytheon and Cessna decided to run adds in defense of business aviation. You can find those adds on the Wall Street Journal, NYTimes and USAToday. That's not the behavior of an industry about to get bail out money.

Relax, your money is not coming this way

FlOps had 1 GIV owner move into the Legacy, who has since left. All of the GIV owners were in that airplane because they wanted a GIV, and they were expecting the fleet would grow sufficiently to service their needs. Obviously, that never happened. So, yes. Most moved to NJI (one owner bought a F900).

The Pinkas airplane was the first to leave. Kenn has the other one (which, although an earlier serial #, is the more desireable of the two).

Then I stand corrected. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back