• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Status of Flight Options Including Fleet Plans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of the E170 model that use to sit next to the Red Couch in the Flight Options lobby.

The E170 or Lineage wasn't yet a gleam in Embraer's eye when that model was sitting in the lobby. What you saw sitting by the couch was a model of a Fairchild-Dornier Envoy 7 (nee 728Jet). Prototypes were built, but none flew before Fairchild-Dornier went bankrupt.

You're Correct...

The E170 or Lineage wasn't yet a gleam in Embraer's eye when that model was sitting in the lobby. What you saw sitting by the couch was a model of a Fairchild-Dornier Envoy 7 (nee 728Jet). Prototypes were built, but none flew before Fairchild-Dornier went bankrupt.

My mistake. Different Model, same principle.

Hope you guys get the Phenom 300. Its the only thing I can see that will overcome all the negative perceptions to a potential investor (fractional owner).

What alot of Flight Options Pilots don't seem to understand, is the amount of leverage you now have to secure a contract.

No way will financing be secured for those airplanes unless a viable business plan can be proven that will not end up with Options in bankrupcy. That cannot happen without a Pilot Contract settled.

You guys have more power than you think.

Good Luck!

Freedom is Not Free

Hope you guys get the Phenom 300. Its the only thing I can see that will overcome all the negative perceptions to a potential investor (fractional owner).

I agree. The Phenom 300 is a key component to FlOps future success. But in the end, we are a SERVICE provider. I think owners look for value (however you want to define it) followed closely by how well they're serviced. If the service sucks at any level of the Owner experience (Owners Services, OCC, flight crews, aircraft dispatch availability, etc) then these people will spend their $$ elsewhere. We can win or lose business on the service side. Since the only control I have is at the end point of the service experience, I will continue to do ALL I can to assure the service our owners are provided is an exemplary one.

Last edited:
My mistake. Different Model, same principle.

What alot of Flight Options Pilots don't seem to understand, is the amount of leverage you now have to secure a contract.

No way will financing be secured for those airplanes unless a viable business plan can be proven that will not end up with Options in bankrupcy. That cannot happen without a Pilot Contract settled.

You guys have more power than you think.

Good Luck!

Freedom is Not Free

This will take a requisite number of the remaining pilots' balls to drop and for them to grow something above their brain stem.

Neither will happen. The leverage existed from the time of the vote on...those who didn't see it then are too stupid or too scared to see.

I'm sorry if I sound bitter, but I spent far too long explaining the far too obvious to far too many people at FLOPS.

I'm sorry if I sound bitter, but I spent far too long explaining the far too obvious to far too many people at FLOPS

Dammmmmmm, if that isn't one of the most true statements on this board, I don't know what is.

Latest resources

Back