Spouse on the overnight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

goose32

I have seen others who bring their wife on an overnight. The few times I have seen it, once we arrive at the destination the wife usually just takes the hotel van with us. If its a big Airport I think she leaves early to go through security on the way back. In any event I was thinking of doing this. I'm just curious if the Hotel cares one way or the other. I dont think the guys I flew with made any prior arrangements. Has anyone done this or know what the norm is? Thanks

I have done it before, and made no prior arrangments. I have never seen a hotel did care if you brought someone.

I have seen others who bring their wife on an overnight. The few times I have seen it, once we arrive at the destination the wife usually just takes the hotel van with us. If its a big Airport I think she leaves early to go through security on the way back. In any event I was thinking of doing this. I'm just curious if the Hotel cares one way or the other. I dont think the guys I flew with made any prior arrangements. Has anyone done this or know what the norm is? Thanks

It really should be no issue at all. Maybe a little common sense pre planning might be in order. Things like is there another crew when you get to the overnight or leave in the morning? This would only be an issue as far as how many the van will hold. I took my girlfriend on numerous occasions with no glitches. Another thing that may or may not be an issue would be if she left on a later van than you, letting the front desk know who she is and that she is still there might be a good idea. Enjoy your overnight!

I always thought overnights were time to get away from the wife....You know...the whole "different time zone rule."

You got me. Yes, I have brought your wife on an overnight before.

who's overthinking? i was just curious what others have done.

I was overweight by 200 pounds (overfueled)...booting a pax would have solved the problem, but the only non-rev was my wife...

So we sat at the hold short line and told tower we needed to do a five-minute "engine runnup"...in a CRJ.

I've done it on a CDO and the only hassle we got was from the ticket agents giving my wife the third degree for showing up 45 minutes prior to departure as a standby...she said "I came in the same time as the crew" but they didn't quite understand what that meant.

Latest resources

Back