• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spouse on the overnight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A Capt once told me his wife kept nagging him to take her on an overnight. Finally he did. Took her a a nap, CDO, whatever you want to call it, of less than 5 hours on the ground. She never asked again. Beautiful.

Hoser
Roll Tide

I was overweight by 200 pounds (overfueled)...booting a pax would have solved the problem, but the only non-rev was my wife...

So we sat at the hold short line and told tower we needed to do a five-minute "engine runnup"...in a CRJ.

Wasting fuel for a good time eh? Stick it to the man!

Just watch out if you take them out of the country. They'll nail you with taxes to get back in.

-Blucher

I've done it a few times with no real problems. I would call the station personel and let them know the day before that she was there and would be traveling out with us. They always had a ticket ready and we never had a problem with her showing with the crew. The mistake I made was taking her on the overnight at one of the nicest hotels in the system. She then wouldn't believe me when I told her how crappy another hotel was. Owell. Cya

Take her to the Sleep Inn in Buffalo -- she'll never doubt your crappy hotel story ever again!

(For an extra bonus, have her wear white socks and walk around the carpet for about five minutes. :puke: )

I was overweight by 200 pounds (overfueled)...booting a pax would have solved the problem, but the only non-rev was my wife...

So we sat at the hold short line and told tower we needed to do a five-minute "engine runnup"...in a CRJ.

I cannot believe that I'm going to be the first to point out that you just said on a public message board that your wife is 200 pounds.:laugh: Before everyone jumps all over me for saying it, I understand what he was talking about, and I thought it was funny. It was a joke!

Latest resources

Back