• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is incredibly lame that no details have come out yet - how do you know if it is acceptable if nothing has been released? Very lame.

And by the way, the entire industry is watching... It better be a good deal relative to what you had or you will continue to be compared to Allegiant and VA in terms of "lowish" pay... Time to get what you need while management is on its knees.

Thursday 7:30pm on the east coast and I see Spirit planes in the air on Flightaware, I thought they didn't start until tomorrow.

Thursday 7:30pm on the east coast and I see Spirit planes in the air on Flightaware, I thought they didn't start until tomorrow.

the strike was technically called off June 16 2010 at 830PM ish...they were looking to operate around 20 flights today and most of the schedule on Friday.

Back to work without at least the improved hightlights seems odd!

Congrats all at Spirt. Hope deal works for all, but if not remember that when we at Comair were on strike we voted down 2 offers and stayed on strike before we got a deal. Even though still wasnt that great, but got little better each time. Hoping you folks dont have to go any further.

It is incredibly lame that no details have come out yet - how do you know if it is acceptable if nothing has been released? Very lame.

And by the way, the entire industry is watching... It better be a good deal relative to what you had or you will continue to be compared to Allegiant and VA in terms of "lowish" pay... Time to get what you need while management is on its knees.

Allegiant is making $153 per hour as CA of a MD-80. Without Union.

Spirit is making $??? per hour as CA of A-321/320/319. With ALPA.

I support ALPA @ Jetblue. This outcome is being watched very carefully amongst the JB pilots.

I was Comair and voted the first couple TAs down. 89 days later we approved our new contract. Flying before seeing and voting on the TA seems counter productive to the use of strike negotiating.

Best of luck to the Spirit pilots and thank you for taking a stand to better this profession.

(Remember, ALPA works for you (the pilot). Not the other way around).

Congrats all at Spirt. Hope deal works for all, but if not remember that when we at Comair were on strike we voted down 2 offers and stayed on strike before we got a deal. Even though still wasnt that great, but got little better each time. Hoping you folks dont have to go any further.

It was ********************ing awesome compared to what I have worked for at Chautauqua after your strike. You guys did great for a regional. There was an older Comair Captain on the 14th walking there with us in FLL. I wanted to shake his hand but I never saw him after the picketing and I choose to walk the full 2 hours instead of BSing.

When the MEC agrees on a TA to vote, and majority of pilot group votes the TA down, does the negotiating clock start all over again?

Would the NMB release Spirit pilots to re-strike immediately if they vote down the TA?

When the MEC agrees on a TA to vote, and majority of pilot group votes the TA down, does the negotiating clock start all over again?

Would the NMB release Spirit pilots to re-strike immediately if they vote down the TA?

negative... the clock (30 days, etc) does not start over...

Latest resources

Back