• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit ALPA Wins Arbitration on 4-days-off Language

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still no confirmation... good news for commuters and the pilot group as a whole... hopefully the first in a line of decisionss that go our way...

we'll see if this translates into more furloughed being brought back.. but i'm not getting my hopes up yet

Yeah, no official word yet; one would assume that the MEC is working on the language of the official release to the pilot group. I got my info from the guy I was flying with yesterday who is "in the know" with someone in the MEC. He got the call while I was sitting in the seat; seemed legitimate.

As for recalls-- someone on the "other" board claimed that while he was in recurrent last month that someone in management (Ole? Anderson?) told them to expect 15-20 recalls if the pilot group won the arbitration, then another 15-20 due to the increased flying for the summer schedule. Of course, that would equate to a total of 30-40 recalls if this were an accurate assessment. Let's hope so-- that would go deep into the number of guys/gals that would want to/need to come back.

gator

Yeah, no official word yet; one would assume that the MEC is working on the language of the official release to the pilot group. I got my info from the guy I was flying with yesterday who is "in the know" with someone in the MEC. He got the call while I was sitting in the seat; seemed legitimate.

As for recalls-- someone on the "other" board claimed that while he was in recurrent last month that someone in management (Ole? Anderson?) told them to expect 15-20 recalls if the pilot group won the arbitration, then another 15-20 due to the increased flying for the summer schedule. Of course, that would equate to a total of 30-40 recalls if this were an accurate assessment. Let's hope so-- that would go deep into the number of guys/gals that would want to/need to come back.

gator

I was told that the MEC only got the draft version from the mediator. They can't actually make an official announcement until the finalized version is out. I guess, for now, all they can do is to "leak" the info.

However the decision was made, and it is in our favor. We will go back to the old system of 4 off with some 5 off. I personally don't remember seeing a lot of 5 off. But I have not been around too long at NK. On the ghetto board someone mentioned we would get 5 off. Unfortunately that is not correct.

Looking at the March lines, how the credit is very low around 72-74 in FLL with a ton of reserves, I do not have my hopes up for a lot of recalls. They can easily increase credit up to 82 for the average line while not even reducing the reserve coverage. That is like 10%. Unless they expect an increase of flying beyond 10%, in my opinion, they can cover it without even recalling a single crew. It sucks, for me too, but that is what I see looking at the March bid package. I hope I am missing something.

They are not going to redo March lines/schedules to comply...however the scheduling committee has gone in to HQ and rerun the lines using the 4/5 day off scenario using the current months schedules (this was a few months ago) and found that we would need 6 more crews to staff the schedules using 72-75 hours with 4 and 5 days off as opposed to the 82-85 hour lines with 1, 2, or 3 days off.

I'm not doubting the validity of the results of the arbitration, obviously it would be nice to hear this from the MEC as soon as possible...

Obviously it would be impractical to alter the march lines, although I am sure the guys flying short lines wouldn't mind more time at home.

However if there is going to be a recall as early as April shouldn't we expect a vacancy bid and letters in the next couple weeks?

They are not going to redo March lines/schedules to comply...however the scheduling committee has gone in to HQ and rerun the lines using the 4/5 day off scenario using the current months schedules (this was a few months ago) and found that we would need 6 more crews to staff the schedules using 72-75 hours with 4 and 5 days off as opposed to the 82-85 hour lines with 1, 2, or 3 days off.

twelve furloughees will be recalled and six FO's will be upgraded (again)

You're on the scheduling committee, why don't you put out the good news?

Why hasn't the MEC published the good news? Could it be that the MEC was hoping for another couple of days of discontent to help the "prepare" campaign?

Not my news to put out...

...however we have reviewed the March lines to make them comply. Now, I don't know if that mean March will comply or if they are trying to figure out April.

My bet is 30+ recalls and 15 upgrades around the system.

Not my news to put out...

...however we have reviewed the March lines to make them comply. Now, I don't know if that mean March will comply or if they are trying to figure out April.

My bet is 30+ recalls and 15 upgrades around the system.

I hope you are right. Would you mind sharing what makes you think it will be 30+.

Thanks!

Word is that Spirit is going out of business before the end of the year!
:uzi:

Last edited:
This same Idiot said the same thing last year.

Apparently, He was turned down after his interview. And now he's bitter because he's an RJ F/O, with no future.

Too bad.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back