Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gatorbird

What readfile?
It took 7 friggin' months, but word is that the arbitration was won for the pilots today. Cease-and-desist order invoked on the company's disregard for the days off in row language. Details haven't been released; not sure what the arbitrator ruled on the (original) language of 5 days off in a row. Also, no punitive damages due the pilot group, so the company got a freebie for 7 months.

Hey, I'll take it. I missed too much of my kid's life these last 7 months. Finally getting back what I came here for in the first place.

gator

It took 7 friggin' months, but word is that the arbitration was won for the pilots today. Cease-and-desist order invoked on the company's disregard for the days off in row language. Details haven't been released; not sure what the arbitrator ruled on the (original) language of 5 days off in a row. Also, no punitive damages due the pilot group, so the company got a freebie for 7 months.

Hey, I'll take it. I missed too much of my kid's life these last 7 months. Finally getting back what I came here for in the first place.

gator

That can't be right! ALPA actually helped pilots? I don't believe it! Doesn't the arbitrator read this forum? :)

In all seriousness, glad to hear it guys, congrats!

this whole railway-labor act and arbitration/mediation thing is a complete freaking joke.

you said it perfectly -- no punitive damages and the company got a freebee for 7 months--- but hey they cant do it anymore- shame on them-- (can you insert a nice hand slap here)

what will they screw you over on next- or are currently screwing you on.

SKIPPY

Source?

Nothing in my in box about it. Not that I want to believe. If we did win the company will get March too.

There should be a ridiculous punishment to companies when things like this happens. There is no incentive for the company to avoid arbitration. They can freely test any part of the contract they want with no consequences if they're wrong.

Nor do they have to abide by the decision...I find that just amazing, the pilots loose we are forced to stick to it, the company looses they should abide, but don't have too.

I agree there should be monetary punishment to management, APA got huge fines when they staged a slow down several years ago.

And as you know hockeypilot44 our previous employer used that tactic 100% of the time...even for slam dunk they-were-wrong-you-were-right cases.

Last edited:
Still no confirmation... good news for commuters and the pilot group as a whole... hopefully the first in a line of decisionss that go our way...

we'll see if this translates into more furloughed being brought back.. but i'm not getting my hopes up yet

There should be a ridiculous punishment to companies when things like this happens. There is no incentive for the company to avoid arbitration. They can freely test any part of the contract they want with no consequences if they're wrong.

Does that give you an indication of who really controls power and wealth in this country.... hint: it isn't labor.

Still no confirmation... good news for commuters and the pilot group as a whole... hopefully the first in a line of decisionss that go our way...

we'll see if this translates into more furloughed being brought back.. but i'm not getting my hopes up yet

Rumors are almost always good news...

...it should be 5-7 crews recalled, so 50-80 folks back, I'd bet 50% take it.**

**If it is true.

Latest resources

Back