• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines to add 10 new nonstop flights at Bush Intercontinental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flopgut...slow and steady keeps the bankruptcies/furloughs/concessions down....haven't you read "hard landings"? SWA is an outlier, an airline that has a healthy balance sheet....hhhmmm

Ok, I'm kinda curious about that. Care to explain it more? IMO it looks like it's part of the vulgar way swa does business. Things go wrong at USAir and SWA goes into PHL. Same with UAL in DEN. They pimp these Texas airport deals like an unscrupulous lawyer. All SWA does is wait for something to go wrong for some other airline's employee group, and then they move in. Is that what passes for "warrior spirit?!" And is there a a worse pilot group out there for cheerleading? Has there ever been?

I'm really ready for the lip service to end. Anybody remember Chase getting on here and announcing SWA's grand entrance into Mexico service? It included a request he had for info on how to do ETOPS across the Gulf (wtf?). That was almost a decade ago. Just stfu and get the flying done SWA. I've been going to BOG (and others) for many years and hear JetBlue and Spirit down there doing work. No mouth, no BS, no trickery, just work. They've hung out their shingle, rolled up their sleeves, and got to business. Shoot AirTran did more in 16 years than SWA will do in 50. F-ing airline can't do anything unless some other employee group is getting hosed. AND their proud of that!!

I think we are having two separate conversations. Your beef with SWA is their practice of vulturing off the corpses of wounded airlines and the spin they use to get their way in political circles. I don't know what to tell you about that? It's what they do. They will go head to head with JetBlue and Spirit in the Caribbean.
Unless they buy them. Again all of that is out of my control.

I was referencing the flight operations department. It's a different animal than what I am used to. I think there is a regime change going on finally.

I was referencing the flight operations department. It's a different animal than what I am used to. I think there is a regime change going on finally.

Yeah, I don't like that they're vultures, and I talk about it. BUT, the flip side of that is, when they do get into a straight up fight they don't do so well. So it's not just "slow and steady growth" (mad jack)

I am also speaking to the Flt ops side. Don't say "they're going to go head to head with [airline]". Go do it. Go do it for a few years, then a few more years after that. Stay out of the headlines and the weeds at the end of the runway. Enough talk. I do understand its a struggle for SWA to get normal airline headwork into practice. But I'm not necessarily rooting against them making a successful transition to international flying, it will happen. (I just wanted to compete directly with them) What I'm saying is: let the work do the talking now SWA. Until then: stfu

Last edited:
Comming from you calling me an idiot , I will take it as a compliment . You might want do some research as to what the CEO of DAL says about Spirit .

You also might want to change your hire date when you talk about you being a Delta pilot so you will be senior to Scoot.

He actually is one so he is stuck with his hire date, you can change yours as fast as you post . With. 30k post soon on the way , that's fast .

Like others have said .You have self handed ruined this website .

Im not being a smarta$$ i really dont know...what does Richard have to say about Spirit?

Flop we have pulled out of a couple markets, but we have grown in EWR, IAD and DEN...it's tough to compete with legacy carriers operating post-bankruptcy contracts...all while paying industry leading pay...hopefully that will change as the legacy pilots improve their contracts[emoji7]

What is cool though, is that instead of being an ATL CPT, in the next couple of years I'll be a HOU CPT and probably fly only Int'l trips. I'm down with that.

I got no dog in this urinary olympiad but unless you have a bunk on your jet and carry more than 2 pilots you cant say you fly International.

I got no dog in this urinary olympiad but unless you have a bunk on your jet and carry more than 2 pilots you cant say you fly International.

According to who, Bill? There are many Int'l pilots that would disagree with you, me being one of them.

it's tough to compete with legacy carriers operating post-bankruptcy contracts...all while paying industry leading pay...[emoji7]

Yeah, that was a bad deal. It's unpleasant competing with an airline who's pilots work for low pay. Sucks in fact! Legacy guys know all about it man.

Latest resources

Back