• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines to add 10 new nonstop flights at Bush Intercontinental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who knows, it could be a growing market with the way immigration policy is headed. All of a sudden you could have at least tens of thousands of immigrants (formally illegal) who would be able to go back and forth between TX and Central America.

You think they'll be cued up hoping for an upgrade or looking for the bargain basement dirt cheap ticket?

http://www.chron.com/business/article/Spirit-Airlines-to-add-10-new-nonstop-flights-at-5893355.php

Flop was sooo worried about what Southwest was doing at Hobby and Spirit turns around announces multiple international destinations right out of Intercontinental.

Yes Red, they wear big boy pants. They compete, you don't.

You may return to looking insane down by a river;) (God that was funny!)

Btw: have you seen their route map? Good luck to you all getting caught up with them. Should do more running the airline, and less running Texas airports.

Yea, I looked at the route map and it looks like it has a lot of overlap with the old Continental route map. Maybe Jeff will just pull the plug on the whole Houston operation. He doesn't seem to care about it anyway.

It looks a lot more like Spirit is beating you guys to the punch. They'll do Houston's sun tan oil flyers, we'll do most of the big oil flyers, and you guys will keep looking for your next back room deal. You'll have to. Because when the Latin and South American carriers realize your Hobby terminal violates bi-lateral agreements/treaties/free trade agreements things could get real interesting for you.

How's everything out there by the water tower? Oh, and don't you find it more than a little interesting that Spirit can amass the total route map they have in relatively short period of time they have, and you guys can't?

Last edited:
Spirit now will have lower fares to Central America than SWA! You gotta LUV it! United will fill their planes with connections from cities all over, but the Corndogs still have to wait. They probably took the IAH gates SWA dumped too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It looks a lot more like Spirit is beating you guys to the punch. They'll do Houston's sun tan oil flyers, we'll do most of the big oil flyers, and you guys will keep looking for your next back room deal. You'll have to. Because when the Latin and South American carriers realize your Hobby terminal violates bi-lateral agreements/treaties/free trade agreements things could get real interesting for you.

How's everything out there by the water tower? Oh, and don't you find it more than a little interesting that Spirit can amass the total route map they have in relatively short period of time they have, and you guys can't?

Maybe Spirit doesn't have a choice but to ramp things up. SWA is investing hundreds of millions into FLL and HOU for int'l ops. If I was running Spirit I would be trying to get out in front too, cause SWA metal is going into the Caribbean market come hell or high water.

I just find it hilarious that you are worried about all things Southwest and Spirit turns around and moves right into your backyard. Karma is a bitch Flop. Enjoy that competition.

Oh, and Genny..

Watch as SW announces a new city about every month going forward.

Monday was Puerto Vallarta, earlier San Jose Costa Rica, etc. I really don't think we will be taking market share from either UAL or SAVE, but it's fun ripping on Flop's goofy arguments.

True Red, but it's tough to say your the "low cost leader" when Spirit enters any of your markets. They are the spoiler.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I just find it hilarious that you are worried about all things Southwest and Spirit turns around and moves right into your backyard. Karma is a bitch Flop. Enjoy that competition.

Not surprising, you can't remember my argument. I think it's a very GOOD thing Spirit is at IAH. I wanted SWA to come to IAH. It's a MARKET Red, the more the merrier. Competition is a GOOD thing and all will benefit. Splitting the FIS just to help one airline was a bad move.

Karma is still in play on this whole issue Red. And it might teach you guys a lesson.

Latest resources

Back