• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines to add 10 new nonstop flights at Bush Intercontinental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True Red, but it's tough to say your the "low cost leader" when Spirit enters any of your markets. They are the spoiler.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Almost Genny. It's been Southwest goal to be the largest low cost carrier in the country. And with 3,500+ flights a day I'd say we have that pretty much nailed. Now just beginning to stretch the map a little.

Spirit now will have lower fares to Central America than SWA! You gotta LUV it! United will fill their planes with connections from cities all over, but the Corndogs still have to wait. They probably took the IAH gates SWA dumped too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

if you truly where at DAL. you would know what the CEO of Delta is saying about Spirit .

Maybe Spirit doesn't have a choice but to ramp things up. SWA is investing hundreds of millions into FLL and HOU for int'l ops. If I was running Spirit I would be trying to get out in front too, cause SWA metal is going into the Caribbean market come hell or high water.

I think the naivety shown by SWA on international flying is extraordinary. Just start doing the flying and compete. You're taking WAY too long. Stop trying to craft [be handed] some bulletproof deal you can't lose on before the door even closes.

Notice while you SWA guys post your warnings ("hell or high water"? Oooooooh, mr badass) on what you're about to do, other airlines are out in the world actually doing things. STFU and fly.

True Red, but it's tough to say your the "low cost leader" when Spirit enters any of your markets. They are the spoiler.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not quite general...as a matter of fact our management calls it "market stimulation"....with no intention of direct competition with LUV or UAL...it's just another VERY basic alternative to other products....at 3500 flights a day...NK is a small rectal itch in Gary Kelly's Dockers....I'm a spirit pilot and I love my job...but the truth is the truth...your comparing Gorillas and Ants...

if you truly where at DAL. you would know what the CEO of Delta is saying about Spirit .

"If you truly were at DAL....." You're an idiot Slaquer.... People who go on Spirit only want low fares. They are closer to your passengers....and that should worry you more than me.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think the naivety shown by SWA on international flying is extraordinary. Just start doing the flying and compete. You're taking WAY too long. Stop trying to craft [be handed] some bulletproof deal you can't lose on before the door even closes.

Notice while you SWA guys post your warnings ("hell or high water"? Oooooooh, mr badass) on what you're about to do, other airlines are out in the world actually doing things. STFU and fly.

What? We are just completing the AirTran merger Flop, combine that with international terminals being built at both FLL and HOU, it takes time. Most of our locations don't even have customs. That's why we are using Orange County instead of LAX. The changes are coming.

"If you truly were at DAL....." You're an idiot Slaquer.... People who go on Spirit only want low fares. They are closer to your passengers....and that should worry you more than me.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The funny thing is Genny, most passengers that have tried Spirit and hated it are more inclined to take SW than any other full cost legacy. They get nickel and dimed at Spirit and get pissed. Would they be more inclined to fly Delta and pay again for bags, or try Southwest? Spirit's customer service might be a pretty good deal for SW. Nothing against the Spirit drivers out there, just the business model.

I was sitting by their gate the other day and they announced a carry-on fee of $100 at the gate. Not granted, you would be an idiot to make it that far without realizing the fee structure...but still.

Like I said earlier, there will be enough options and enough passengers to fill all three tiers. ULC, LCC, and Legacy.

What? We are just completing the AirTran merger Flop, combine that with international terminals being built at both FLL and HOU, it takes time. Most of our locations don't even have customs. That's why we are using Orange County instead of LAX. The changes are coming.

You just need to stfu Red. Actually start doing the work and seeing the places and learning how to do it. Gain a little perspective and a worldview. Even you (the only guy on here I'm certain is dumber than me) will wonder what the hell took you so long. How do other airlines make it look easy.

Are you really that clueless Flop?

I love how both you and Genny like to talk all things Southwest but really have no idea of the operations. Are we late to international? Absolutely. Wanna know why? We didn't upgrade the reservation system years ago like we should have, but it sounds like you didn't know that. So in the end you look like an idiot. Like Genny trying to say we make less per trip, but the reality it was it was more! Neither of you guys are very good at knowing what's going on over here, but throw insults like you're an insider. Which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Latest resources

Back