Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CaptSeth said:
Is this a problem for SWAPA?

The rumbling I hear from SWAPA members is the flying that is done by the code share, that we could be doing ourselves. When we hear talk of SWA not going after additional aircraft, and the growth of this code share, yes we get a little nervous. SWA was supposed to hammer out a Side Letter on Scope in December, we are still waiting.

I can't believe the people at ATA are accepting this deal, as it will surely drive them back into bankruptcy.

xanderman said:
So if I understand you correctly you don't have a problem taking ATA's flying but it's definitely a problem if they grow while you remain stagnant?

Exactly.

canyonblue said:
The rumbling I hear from SWAPA members is the flying that is done by the code share, that we could be doing ourselves. When we hear talk of SWA not going after additional aircraft, and the growth of this code share, yes we get a little nervous. SWA was supposed to hammer out a Side Letter on Scope in December, we are still waiting.

OMG, don't even get me started! You have GOT to be kidding me.

Ok, off to take some BP meds.

capt. megadeth said:
OMG, don't even get me started! You have GOT to be kidding me.

Ok, off to take some BP meds.

Nobody is kidding ya Sugar, the pilots at SWA did not ask for any codeshare. Have you ever read the Scope Language at UPS or do you think UPS should let anyone fly their freight, UPS pilot or not?

Metro752 said:
SWA Hates C8, so much, they kilt it. :(

Don't get her started now. It's been around 28 days.:crying:

TriStar_drvr said:
"ATA is contemplating an expansion that includes 20% annual fleet growth over the next few years and the selection of new international routes."

Forty-eight pilots furloughed tomorow, and twenty more at the end of June. I don't think that growth can come fast enough for the recently and soon to be departed, and for those of us who are left hanging onto the bottom.

Don't care what other SWA pilots say....

I hope 20% growth comes quickly for ATA and continues for a few years. ATA has earned it being a loyal SWA partner and many good folks need the boost.

Latest resources

Back