Southwest's Artful Approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xanderman said:
P.S. Realize that someday, no matter how bad you may want it, SWA will not be on top. That's the reality of this game...

I think this speaks for itself. And you call me selfish. Thanks for your support.:confused:

Without SWA..........ATA pilots don't have a job or have already lost it

Without ATA..........SWA pilots don't get ????????A chance to nonrev to Hawaii ?

[P.S. Realize that someday, no matter how bad you may want it, SWA will not be on top. That's the reality of this game...[/quote]

Man, i wish i could see the future...:rolleyes:

.....Would have merged with America West and kept most routes and equipment intact.

doubt it..

I will state it again for the record. SOUTHWEST AIRLINES cares about Southwest Airlines, Sometimes you gotas to watch out for number 1. Before any of you sensitive types get all excited that was just an old saying. I think we are #4 now. Yeah baby 554 aircraft by 2012. Take that...

You can't lose control of your company and they cry fowl when another company is not watching out for your interests? or Management can't lose control (enter bankruptcy) of a company and get upset when people (creditors, other companies) go after their $hit!

the SWA/FO

:pimp:

Only a matter of time before we started hearing it.

I would have to say if our growth slows even one bit, I know a lot of guys are going to have a problem with this.
Let's get something straight right now. ATA is NOT taking any flying away from SWA - NONE. We are only flying routes that you can't or do not want to do. SWA has in fact started routes that we flew and we pulled out.

Without SWA..........ATA pilots don't have a job or have already lost it
Without ATA..........SWA pilots don't get ????????A chance to nonrev to Hawaii ?
You are clueless to the reality of the agreement. SWA never wanted to save ATA and hasn't. SWA is USING ATA as a revenue stream and ATA is USING SWA as a revenue stream. If you think that the only benefit this agreement has to your employees is non-reving to Hawaii, then you haven't been listening to a thing Gary Kelly has stated many times.

Without SWA, ATA would have entrenched into the 1996 business model and concentrated more on charter service where we used to dominate and leisure schedules where we skimmed profits from SWA. SWA partnered with Matlin Patterson to squeeze every bit of value out of our expertise and assets. SWA has benefited more from this agreement than ATA and I assure you, you have.

Before this starts into a mudslinging contest.
Admit we are all pawns in this contest and we will only ALL benefit if we play well together and understand that we can all win with this relationship.

If the SWA pilots want the agreement cancelled, that's OK too. I enjoy the life that ATA has afforded my family and the great times I've had over the years and we will do just fine, thank you very much.

Last edited:
I keep swearing off this board, but you guys keep sucking me back in!

I Know I have said it before, but it's still too early to be jumping to conclusions on either side. Right now I am viewing it as win win for both. I know ATA has been carved up, but I hope this recent news about projected growth is a sign that things are looking up for the good people of ATA. Right now I think ATA is being molded into a SWA clone, with international capability. We are all on center stage, and how we act now will shape our future. If everybody on both sides would just take the ball, and run with it, the possibilities could be endless. I just don't think it's time to worry about who's doing what flying ect., ect.

SWA never wanted to save ATA and hasn't. SWA is USING ATA as a revenue stream and ATA is USING SWA as a revenue stream.

I agree with this statement.

mdf said:
Right now I think ATA is being molded into a SWA clone, with international capability.

...... which is the part that makes me the most nervous. "We" create the monster that eats our future growth - possibly.

ATA Fan said it best. We're just pawns in the game. I do trust Mr. Kelly but his responsibility is also to the shareholders to create revenue........ however he can.

Gup

SWA/FO said:
Sometimes you gotas to watch out for number 1.

:pimp:

REAL easy to say when you are number one and it's other people getting screwed. I hope your wifey has a good job or can go back to one if ever one day you may find yourself eating your words.

Latest resources

Back