Southwest won.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lowercur,

I have to agree SWA may not be the cure all. They very well may wipe the lav floor with ATA but in the end we only had two deals to look at and ATA employees wanted the deal that might protect their jobs the longest. The SWA deal appeared to be a better deal.

Potential.

You have to agree that if SWA realizes the potential of a long term relationship with ATA this deal could be huge, only time will tell. This may be the new evolution of our industry. We shall see.

I always thought people who put "NG" after 737 had small tools...;) TC

atafan said:
lowercur,

I have to agree SWA may not be the cure all. They very well may wipe the lav floor with ATA but in the end we only had two deals to look at and ATA employees wanted the deal that might protect their jobs the longest. The SWA deal appeared to be a better deal.

Potential.

You have to agree that if SWA realizes the potential of a long term relationship with ATA this deal could be huge, only time will tell. This may be the new evolution of our industry. We shall see.
For ATA/SWA it is the best scenerio. For everyone else it sucks.

City of Chicago: Less competition at MDW, means pax will have less choices. The city will be ruled by UAL, AMR, & LUV for a long time to come.

AirTran: Well it's on to DFW, where they will meet SWA in the form of ATA.

JetBlue: MDW will probably not get the JFK flts due to lack of gates. They will not be a factor in Chicago unless UAL goes down the tubes sometime in the next decade.

Where are you Richard Daley????:mad:

Right now it's SWA's world and the rest of us are just renting space. With ATA in CH11, I am sure that their 27% stake equates to some sort of DIP financing.

LUV was brilliant, just like CAL has the first right of refusal with NWA. LUV will eventually wind up with all the ATA assets if that is what they want.

Low,
Tell us again about how those B6 190s are going to kick Luvs butt, I love fairy tales.

Yeah, UAL will be around for a long time in Chicago. Count on it. I guess, a plan would be nice.

City of Chicago: Less competition at MDW, means pax will have less choices. The city will be ruled by UAL, AMR, & LUV for a long time to come.
Less choice, Please.....

Choices are exactly what SWA has been giving the traveling public for years. SWA has been the driving force behind low fares. This is a good thing for the City and if AirTran were to admit it, a good thing for them too.

Cooperman,

Quit your whining or gloating or whatever it is that you do. Just because Ty hasn't logged on yet this morning doesn't mean he has nothing to say. Trust me, he'll have something to say.

Good luck with the WN/TZ thing. I'd like to see you guys do well. Heck, I'd like to see the whole industry do well, but most pilots can't comprehend the possibility of a win-win scenario.

As far as MDW goes, in my mind it was a little too risky to part with 30% of our cash on hand* to assume a money losing operation.

Again, good luck with this thing. You guys have been shlepping around the globe for a long time. It's about time you caught a break

*I know, I know, it wasn't all cash, but the effect on the balance sheet would have been equivalent.

Latest resources

Back