• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Window

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure, I'm always glad to have a few beers at the bar with fellow SWA pilots. But seriously, you need to calm down and relax before you have a stroke. And try being a little more honest about your own background when you accuse someone else of PFT; trying to play semantic games doesn't cut it.

Sure, I'm always glad to have a few beers at the bar with fellow SWA pilots. But seriously, you need to calm down and relax before you have a stroke. And try being a little more honest about your own background when you accuse someone else of PFT; trying to play semantic games doesn't cut it.

That's your opinion. Obviously we don't agree, so I'm done rehashing it.

Take care.

How am I insecure?

You just wrote a massive diatribe in response to a drive-by post of me calling you a loser. I think that says it all. It's okay, red. I'm sure you'll grow up eventually.

redflyer is a loser. Wasting your time debating with him is pointless.

And I think I paid about $12k, redloser. Stupid thing to do, but 18 years olds sometimes do stupid things. But it's pretty damned hypocritical for some loser who paid for a type rating to get a job to be criticizing someone for PFT. I know you're just insecure, though. You'll get over it. Hopefully.

Not necessarily a stupid thing, you made a move to get 121 time and experience quickly with hopes you'd use that experience to land a better 121 gig and more experience. The other routes available would have taken much longer to obtain the same goal and would have actually paid you, albeit at poverty wages. In the end you paid to get from point A to B quicker, who cares!

I also interviewed at SWA without the type. I received a "CONDITIONAL" offer of employment. I was quite happy to obtain my type in order to accept the position offered to me.

At the time, NO ONE was hiring and SWA first year pay was about $20 more an hour than legacies were offering. On top of that, SWA was somewhere that I was excited about working.

In the end I came out well over $10000 ahead after subtracting the type rating fee I paid from minimum guarantee wages offered at SWA and the the legacy airlines first year pay.

Some people can see that I made a sound investment. Others find my decision despicable. In the end, I made what I considered a sound financial decision with regards to supporting my family to the best of my abilities.

Last edited:
Not necessarily a stupid thing, you made a move to get 121 time and experience quickly with hopes you'd use that experience to land a better 121 gig and more experience.

A "stupid thing" in the sense that it isn't good for the profession. Did it get me ahead a little bit quicker? Probably. But the profession is much better off now that PFT is basically dead.

You just wrote a massive diatribe in response to a drive-by post of me calling you a loser. I think that says it all. It's okay, red. I'm sure you'll grow up eventually.

Not quite. I just laid out why you might be insecure since that seems to be your dig. Why would I be?

PS - I completely agree with your last post and Howie's. Well said.

No, I comprehend quite well that you were trying to use semantics here, a rather shady debating tactic.

Welcome to Redflyer, a complete dooosh.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That is great. 300k+as a Cpt. , better than 200k as F/O. Well done and kudos to ya!
I think, as previously stated, you are attached to "the system" 24/7 in order to do so.

I think just being a Line pilot and flying your schedule, minor adjustments notwithstanding, should suffice.

Keep in mind...Money comes and goes..TIME just goes.

Sacrifice one for the other??

Everybody's ..house of cards.. is built differently..

How am I insecure? The funny thing is Toad, your the one that keeps using that term. Makes me wonder if you look back on your past and wonder how it all could have gone so wrong.

Dad paid for your PFT at Gulfstream. I will step up here and give you kudos for admitting that it was wrong and that you were young. Doesn't change what you did, but shows you now know the difference (now).

Maybe you should have worked on that college degree? Delta might have been in your future otherwise.

Got hired at AirTran without the degree, already with an eye toward union work from the stuff you did at Pinnacle. Make no mistake, there were people that couldn't stand you at Pinnacle. The folks at AAI would soon understand why.

You never break out of that $67/hr salary range. The same you got as a CA at Pinnacle because the pay is so bad at AirTran. Again, I give you credit for trying to make it better, but you continue to piss off your colleagues along the way. Basically becoming a parasite on them from the union side. Were you recalled? I can't remember.

You look beyond that top rate of $79/hr as an FO because you see a possible upgrade on the horizon...even though the top CA rate is $152/hr.

Your worst fear would be a purchase by your arch enemy Southwest Airlines. You can't stand SWAPA and Southwest in general. They made ALPA and ALPA carriers look ridiculous with how they've expanded in the face of the RJs and the outsourcing. Especially through 9/11 while the other carriers furloughed and then subsequently went into bankruptcy.

The worst possible thing happened, and at the same time..your local ALPA union was handed their ass after your MEC voted down an offer that was better than the next. Meanwhile, to add insult to injury, SWAPA steps in and stops YOUR Airtran RJ outsourcing immediately because your contract was so bad.

Now, it's time for Dad to step back in and bail your ass out of this disaster with a realtor job selling double wides to rednecks in West Ga. But hey, it's not West Virginia, right?

Maybe a reason for your insecurity instead? Hmm.

Now tell me, why would I be insecure? My background and my future are drastically different than that. SW offers a solid career with a great retirement and my side business is taking off. I'll leave it at that.

Good luck in your new career, I hope it works out well for you and maybe you can branch out into other opportunities when they become available.

But then again, I might have the wrong guy and everything above would be waaay off base.

Dennis Leary would be proud. Well done...

Latest resources

Back