Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fishpaw

Used Register
I ran into a mx supervisor from Cape Air this weekend. He said they are starting mx training for the Q400 which will be their new fleet type once Southwest acquires them. He seemed pretty excited about the whole deal. Anybody else have any info on this?

I ran into a mx supervisor from Cape Air this weekend. He said they are starting mx training for the Q400 which will be their new fleet type once Southwest acquires them. He seemed pretty excited about the whole deal. Anybody else have any info on this?

Hell it makes sense! Could you see SouthWest with a fleet of about 50 Q400's?

That would put the knife in US Airways! Bye Bye East Coast!

Whats funny is that about 5 years ago there was rumors (rumors now) that SouthWest was interested in Piedmont when Airways was Chapter 11.

funny this surfaced. Was talking to a friend in Denver last night who is a mechanic for Lynk. He was saying that an unnamed airline will be taking 2 Q400s from Lynk later next month and possible leasing another 3 Q400s for 6 mnths until they can take delievers of more planes. He mentioned that they will be pulling 1 of the Qs May 1st so this airline can do proving runs. I thought this sounded like another MX bs rumor but when FishPaw brought this up...who knows maybe there is something behind it? Could this be a way to help frontier exit ch 11?

...and they are doing a ratioed integration...

I have a friend over at Cape that is a senior captain! He can't wait for the ratio so he can go straight to 73 captain!

Why is it that the mx guys always come up with the best rumors? Must be the fumes...

Seems as though they like the Q's a lot too, at least a couple of our mechanics here were very firm that we were getting the 400's "any time now" and they'd already had guys in "differences training"...

yeah sorry LYNX...don't work there and honestly don't know much about them. What my buddy told me seemed legit. He is a good friend and would have no reason to BS me. I don't work for either company so I really think what he had to say at least had some truth to it. BTW he is a shift manager and had heard this in a meeting last week. He will be doing some of the work on the two planes before they go out to MA to Cape Air.

Latest resources

Back