Southwest to buy AirTran...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL,

What would have been your first choice? Just curious.

I always wanted an Alaska/AirTran combination. I think Delta will be the inevitable merger for Alaska, though.

Whatever happens after the transaction is complete SWAPA pilots have fleet protections what does Airtran have?

Lets say SWA adds 20 B717 to their fleet, do you think SWAPA guys will train on them or the B737 will be transferred to SWA to keep training at a minimum?

Another thing...these airtran people are getting a 7.5% increase in hourly per diem. That has got to be worth something in the negotiations. They are making some $$ when you take into account our food/drink discounts.

Another thing...these airtran people are getting a 7.5% increase in hourly per diem. That has got to be worth something in the negotiations. They are making some $$ when you take into account our food/drink discounts.

Very true, however the arbitrators will have to factor in the big hit we will take when we have to buy the Southwest "Members Only" Fonzi Jacket and American Flag ties.

Very true, however the arbitrators will have to factor in the big hit we will take when we have to buy the Southwest "Members Only" Fonzi Jacket and American Flag ties.

Those things are optional...save your money and go for the blazer and hat instead. You'll definitely be the BMOC then! Trust me...it'll look good on you:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back