• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest submits proposal to acquire Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there's no offer to integrate or staple the lists by the end of the year, it ain't gonna happen. I should have tried harder to get out while it was relatively good. Get ready for unemployment.

It sucks out here, water's cold and we're running out of beer.

It does beg the question- Swa doesn't have the training program to type pilots and I don't see them ramping that up to handle F9 guys while all the other pilots spent their own money on it. I see the pool being okay and then pref hiring which to qualify you'd have to have the 737 type--

It goes w/o saying that Frontier could still go in 10 different directions-

Many of the junior Morris Air pilots came over with no 73-type. Please refrain from speaking out of your rectum. Oh wait...this is FI....never mind.

If the Southwest pilots agree to binding arbitration, it will be a disaster for them. "Relative seniority" is all the rage with arbitrators now and is an easy cop out. Frontier pilots will get a great deal seniority wise, and a huge pay raise. Interesting that even giving DOH to the Frontier pilots would probably be better damage control than relative seniority.

Southwest pilots will be left losing seniority and every last one of Frontier's (non-compatible, non-737) planes will go BUH-BYE.

If I were a Southwest pilot I would go for the staple. Nothing to lose.

One more great reason to have voted down our recent TA! It had very specific language to deal with this very situation. Now we (pilots) have a LOT of leverage with the company if they want to get this deal done.

Many of the junior Morris Air pilots came over with no 73-type. Please refrain from speaking out of your rectum. Oh wait...this is FI....never mind.

I believe it was less than 20 and they had a time limit on getting their type. HK also was reported to say he'd never merge again.

I was also told that 4 Morris guys were fired by SWA before they landed at Morris. One was subsequently re-fired.

Don't forget Muse Air/TransStar.

I didn't know that- you're right! My bad- there's a lot of good pilots at F9 that have had their futures hanging over them for a while. Best of luck all.

One more great reason to have voted down our recent TA! It had very specific language to deal with this very situation. Now we (pilots) have a LOT of leverage with the company if they want to get this deal done.

I'm sure you do. That's why the F9 guys are screwed!

Dont forget Frontier Airlines has a codeshare agreement with Midwest Airlines now. i wonder how this will effect the agreement with midwest/republic?

How does this possible acquisition/merger relate to the proposed Scope section of the current contract & failed TA?

Given the fact that Republic controls the unsecured creditors committee it seems like they are in the drivers seat on this deal.

I believe it was less than 20 and they had a time limit on getting their type. HK also was reported to say he'd never merge again.

I was also told that 4 Morris guys were fired by SWA before they landed at Morris. One was subsequently re-fired.

Don't forget Muse Air/TransStar.

The time limit was when they upgraded SWA gave it to them. Also it was 3 that where formally fired. Our VP of flt ops called each one to say no hard feelings coming back.

ps no one was re fired

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back