Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest slam clicks- c'mon captains....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Howard: You guys have leverage that you can exert outside of striking. And I don't mean working for a successful, profitable company.

You're going to have to bring the pain. Bring it man! Bring it![emoji123]

Well said Howard.

But I'll illuminate the getting laid crowd as well. "Trying" to get laid is what gets guys in trouble. You're not a frat boy. Work on yourself outside the bar. Physically. Socially. Get on an internet dating site and go on lots of dates (the world is full of women who just want a decent guy with a job who's not a leech). If you don't spend enough time with women, it will make you weird around them. Make yourself more interesting. Live in ways that make you more confident.
You get far more women, and much better quality of interactions when you stop TRYING so hard and just be a human being.
I always let the woman drive the getting laid train. You still got to be a man- know the signs and make your move- but learn to feel it out. Guys get into trouble when they pressure a situation to close the deal. (Dumb too, bc usually, if it's going to happen at all, a little more patience and better timing and it will happen. If not, let it go)
You never want either of you to wake up regretting. That's when it's really not cool anytime, but especially mixing it with work. This idea though, that you have to avoid the bar bc you might do something... C'mon. Grow up and live a little.
If you fear that, you need to get to work on yourself and stop pretending the problem isn't in the mirror.

Who knew? I could have saved thousands on therapy AND dating sites, if only I had access to your amazing insight! Thanks Dad.

Howard: You guys have leverage that you can exert outside of striking. And I don't mean working for a successful, profitable company.

You're going to have to bring the pain. Bring it man! Bring it![emoji123]

Fr8, I don't disagree with you. We have the ability to make waves, most definitely! My diatribe on this subject was mostly aimed at PCL's assertion that no one but he understands how the RLA works, and how indeed we need to convince management that we are ready, willing and able to strike in order to reach our goals in negotiations. I still firmly believe that MGT lawyers as well as SWAPA lawyers know how unrealistic an actual strike is and how unlikely that action would be allowed by the president without convening a PEB. We haven't even petitioned for mediation yet, so we really need to take this one step at a time.

Who knew? I could have saved thousands on therapy AND dating sites, if only I had access to your amazing insight! Thanks Dad.

You can search this very site for the best hotel room floor workout in the world-
That'll help too
;)

Ever notice that PCL has turned a thread about going down and having a beer into HIS favorite (maybe only) hobby-> airline negotiations

Note to all: don't talk about THIS stuff at the bar

The fact is, they certainly can, and I suspect they would in order to keep the largest carrier of US domestic passengers flying.

You're still missing the point. The goal isn't to strike, the goal is to get a good deal. A PEB can be a way to achieve that. The deal struck after the PEB in '97 at American is a perfect example.

Strikes are rare and PEB's are much rarer, especially in the airline industry. My question is this, suspend your disbelief for a moment and speculate that the NMB has released SWA to a 30 day cooling off period. Do you agree that the NMB would be required to notify the president of a situation that "threatens substantially to interrupt interstate commerce in any section of the nation" and that he or she would convene a PEB after that recommendation? If so, what do you think the odds of a strike actually taking place?

You still don't understand the process. Before the NMB even issues a release they undergo an impact study to ascertain what the impact would be to the economy and the transportation system. That's just part of their due diligence. The NMB is also in constant contact with the White House, so it's not something that they just suddenly call the President about during a cooling off period. The President's chief counsel or Chief of Staff would have alerted him to a cooling off period long before it was actually issued. But the White House's goal is the same as the NMB's: get a deal reached without a strike. And this is the part you need to remember: sometimes a release is the only way to reach a consensual deal. That is the NMB's calculation. The NMB will release you into a cooling off period when they believe that the release is likely to lead to a deal so that the labor unrest can be cleared off the government's table. A release is never issued if the NMB (or the White House) believes that a strike is the likely result of the release. The release is there to apply pressure to both sides to reach a deal.

So when is your last day Pcl? Why do you come on the forums when your quitting the profession? All hat no cattle is what you are.

Sorry, but I don't speak Texas hick.

Latest resources

Back