Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skyboy722 said:
Pipe,
You can't just go winging into some offline airport (SWA doesn't serve BOS) in the middle of the night and just pull into some empty jetway. It doesn't work like that. In your CRJ, you bring your stairs with you. At SW, you don't. Think about it...

As far as getting what you pay for...#1 in customer service how many times over???

Triumph says, "...no more cat poopy for you!"

Ready2Fly said:
Typical Southwest super pilot attitude. Lucky they didn't auger another one in.

Real nice. Its funny reading stuff like this . 2fly do I go in the kitchen at dennys and tell you how to wash your dishes?

Hmm, what's the definition of auger?

Home Despot:
You searched for "auger".
Earthquake Earth Auger 10" $129.00

About the price of a ticket eh? Last time I looked SWA has never augered one in, maybe had a few times that we couldn't get em stopped, but auger?

Ready2Fly said:

No matter how many times they ban you Rhoid, you still feel the need to register yet another username and come back. What is this? About 25 now?

Why is that?

Ready2Fly said:

Ready2Fly:

I do not fly for SWA and I am offended by your despicable comment, real chicken sh*t why don't you come back when you get your training wheels off.

Ready2Fly said:

Son you have a lot to learn about professionalism. If your profile is correct, then we are all impressed with your 450 hours and that you've flown both a 172 AND and 172RG. WOW! Until you know what your talking about stay on the CFI boards.

I wouldn't be doing a CatIII approach to an airport without an operating control tower either. I want up to date RVR values when its that low!

If the weather was that bad when they left it is standard Southwest procedures that the ops agent alerts the passengers with a "weather advisory" telling them there is a chance that they may not make it into there final destination due to the low visability. This is all in print when they buy the ticket.

What that means is the passanger doesn't need to go on that flight (weather advisory flight) and can be rebooked on a later flight or the next day. But if they decide to go and try it and we don't make it into that airport, they are on there own expense wise. With that being said Southwest will try to accommodate them if at all possible but it seems that wasn't possible that evening.

Question: Was the tower closed even before they left to head up to PVD or did it close enroute? If it was closed prior, why did they leave knowing the WX was so low if they knew it was closed?

You see, I think a lot of variables play into this and WE don't know those variables. Does the tower close at a prescribed time? if so then why did they launch if indeed the WX was that bad? Was the WX on the weather packet indicating good conditions and being that the tower was closed wouldn't be a factor and once in the air, ah hah, the WX is bad and the tower is closed... return.

Too many things to consider that we here don't know about. And, as Jim has indicated, "weather advisory" ... all bets are off.

Latest resources

Back