• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Pilots Aggressively Push Age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not too shabby. Waiting is a tough game though. We have some at jb with options in the 1-2 dollar range. Wonder if they sold at that irrational high a few years back?

I guess Southwest did solve the Rubik's Cube in 2 seconds. I also heard Southwest bowled a 300 game (5,000 times). Oh, and Southwest is the only entity that can make Chuck Norris cry.

SWA/FO said:
why do you ^ucking care about me? I will be ok. I don't work for CAL. Worry about yourself. You have all the answers, we have it all wrong at Southwest. Now you guys have to negioate your new contracts based on what we have? Why all the concern? I don't care what you have. It makes no difference to me. You will never see CAL + 1% at Southwest Airlines, we do our own thing.

SWA/FO,

It appears that you think we all ride our own horse here in the industry. How I wish that were true. Whether you like it not, we all in the industry are tied together for better or worse. Management continually plays us off one another whether a legacy, regional, freight, you name it.

It’s when SWA doesn’t have an adequate retirement plan, goes to the government for relief and now I have to pay the price because SWAPA couldn’t negotiate a good retirement package that pisses me off. It’s like you didn’t give any consideration for the rest of the industry.

Contracts come and go, companies go up and down. Right now, Southwest is amongst the tops. With United, NWA and Delta, I can understand their reasoning, but with Southwest it’s incomprehensible what you are doing. Given the strength of your company along with your leverage, SWAPA should be able to negotiate an adequate retirement package so you can adequately retire at age 60.

Do us all a favor and force your negotiating team to bring back a solid retirement plan.

Age 60 is a built in early retirement and you guys are going to lose it for all of us.

AA767AV8TOR

It’s when SWA doesn’t have an adequate retirement plan, goes to the government for relief and now I have to pay the price because SWAPA couldn’t negotiate a good retirement package that pisses me off. It’s like you didn’t give any consideration for the rest of the industry.

Look what "looking out of for the industry" got DAL? The industry is what it is... I can only worry about me and SWA. You think UAL, USair, DAL and NWA guys are worrying about what their paycuts are doing to the industry? No , they are trying to take care of # 1, survive.

AA767AV8TOR said:
Age 60 is a built in early retirement and you guys are going to lose it for all of us.

This is the second time you've characterized age 60 as "early retirement"....in your earlier post #4, you made the same statement. If age 60 is "early",....then what is "normal" retirement age....65???

SWA/FO said:
why do you ^ucking care about me? I will be ok. I don't work for CAL. Worry about yourself. You have all the answers, we have it all wrong at Southwest. Now you guys have to negioate your new contracts based on what we have? Why all the concern? I don't care what you have. It makes no difference to me. You will never see CAL + 1% at Southwest Airlines, we do our own thing.

Hey bud, don't flatter yourself. We don't care so much about "you", we care about what SWA pilots as a whole are up to. Your not doing your own thing by pushing for changes that affect all of us.

For arguement sake, please estimate how much a SWA pilot with 20-25 years has in retirement if they started in the mid 80s. If you wouldn't mind.

AA767AV8TOR said:
SWA/FO,

It appears that you think we all ride our own horse here in the industry. How I wish that were true. Whether you like it not, we all in the industry are tied together for better or worse. Management continually plays us off one another whether a legacy, regional, freight, you name it.

Contracts come and go, companies go up and down. Right now, Southwest is amongst the tops. With United, NWA and Delta, I can understand their reasoning, but with Southwest it’s incomprehensible what you are doing. Given the strength of your company along with your leverage, SWAPA should be able to negotiate an adequate retirement package so you can adequately retire at age 60.

Do us all a favor and force your negotiating team to bring back a solid retirement plan.

AA767AV8TOR

Although the SWA pilots have been fighting the age 60 rule for some time they will be the first to say they are far from alone today. Pilots from UAL, JetBlue, American, NWA, ATA, UPS, USAIR, FedEx, Horizon, Continental, Chautauqua and others have spent their time and money to get the rule changed. Many hours talking to Senators, Congressman, and most of all staffers have resulted in a great deal of support for the change.

Honestly I don't give a rat's ass what you guys think I should do for you or anyone else in this industry. When you were top of the pay scale getting your A plan B plan and c plan we were trudging along doing the best we could. SWA F/O and the rest of us will do the best we can for us with what we have. We will get the raises we deserve, invest our money where we see fit and not worry about you. Don't worry about us. If you want us to tow the line to make your benefits better you should find another rope. Bavarian, I couldn't care less what you guys over at JB make or what your retirment is. I know for a fact you benefits lag SWA's by a wide percentage.

Don't worry RJ captains, when you reach age 60, you can come fly a carvan down by us if you don't have enough money to retire on.

Hahahahahahaha.

Grandpa +65 said:
I 100% agree with "LUVIN LIFE". and SWA pilot group to go 65.
Why should we let foreign pilots fly in our airspace up to 65 but we can't?

Maybe because a foreign pilot flyin' in our airspace isnt gonna make me work weekends for the next 5 years so some senior Captain can support his 3 ex-wives.

Latest resources

Back