Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
E120ASA said:
you get what you pay for.
Yet another display of class. What happened to the "block user" function???

I guess they are reporting one fatality so far and some critical injuries.

DrunkIrishman said:
"paging All Monday Morning Quarterbacks, Please Report To The Flightinfo Board Immediately For More Pilot
Now that one 8 year old is reported dead, the homicide investigation begins. No more monday moring quarterbacks, the State of Illionois will get it all sorted out for ya.

From a Delta puke, tough airport with good wx. Tonight would have been a challenge and the LUV crews do a great job. Could be any one of us in the very near future. My thoughts and prayers go out to the child's family.

difete said:
I wonder with all the snow and ice i see on the CNN shots what the reported braking action was on those runways?

What a sad story.

Airport Commissioner (or whatever his title was) reported it was "Fair"

Sig said:
You are Fricking right, sir.

; you're exactly right. A kid died. CHILD! A little boy is dead. If any of you giddy pukes have given the rest of humanity the misfortune of breeding, it's our loss.

A crew gets to live with this forever, playing the whatifs until they fly west.

THIS IS CHRISTMAS. A kiddo ain't gettin' his 8th (or 6th, depending on the veracity of the reports) santa visit, a crew gets to try to sleep on that at night, and some of you swine play gas station cheap shots.

My thoughts to all involved. Good luck.
Take a deep breath, relax, then wait six months or so and you'll see the two pilots on court tv behind their attorneys who will be arguing the definition of "fill in the blank".

It will be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sig said:
You are Fricking right, sir.

; you're exactly right. A kid died. CHILD! A little boy is dead. If any of you giddy pukes have given the rest of humanity the misfortune of breeding, it's our loss.

A crew gets to live with this forever, playing the whatifs until they fly west.

THIS IS CHRISTMAS. A kiddo ain't gettin' his 8th (or 6th, depending on the veracity of the reports) santa visit, a crew gets to try to sleep on that at night, and some of you swine play gas station cheap shots.

My thoughts to all involved. Good luck.

Thank you for so eloquently stating exactly what I was thinking........

Poor little guy! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
very sad news specially the 8 year old boy, may God speed recovery to all that involved, glad all crew and passengers are ok

33 years to the day at MDW

1972, December 8: Crash of United Airlines Flight 533

"This was probably the most investigated airplane crash in history" said Deputy Cook County Coroner John Haigh when he announced the findings of the coroner's jury looking into the crash at Midway Airport. The findings coincided with those of the National Transportation Safety Board: pilot error.

Flight 533 left Washington D.C. for Omaha, Nebraska stopping in Chicago. Approaching Midway the pilot was instructed by the control tower to execute a "missed approach" pattern. The pilot applied full power to go around for another landing attempt. At 2:27 p.m., 1.5 miles from the airport, Flight 533 hit the branches of trees on the south side of 71st Street. It then hit the roofs of a number of neighborhood bungalows before plowing into the home of Mrs. Veronica Kuculich at 3722 70th Place, demolishing the home and killing her and a daughter, Theresa. The plane burst into flames killing a total of 45 persons, 43 of them on the plane, including the pilot and first and second officers. Eighteen passengers survived.

Among the passengers killed were U.S. Representative George Collins (7th), a former 24th Ward Alderman, and Mrs. Dorothy Hunt. Her husband, E. Howard Hunt, had been indicted on charges of conspiring to break into the Democratic National Committee Headquarters in the Watergate Hotel. Found in the debris was a purse belonging to Mrs. Hunt containing $10,585 in cash. There was immediate concern that the money might be linked to the financial dealings surrounding the Nixon "slush fund" to which defendants in the Watergate case had access and that the crash therefore might be linked to sabotage. In the end sabotage was ruled out, but the mystery surrounding the money and the deaths of such prominent, politically connected individuals insured a very thorough investigation.

The NTSB issued its report after recreating the last minutes of the flight based on the flight and voice recording instruments, interviews with survivors and eyewitnesses on the ground, and physical evidence. According to the report, when Midway's control tower directed the crew to abort the landing and try again, they became distracted and failed to prepare a proper landing. As they attempted to pull the jet from the landing descent, the crew forgot to deactivate the wing spoilers. The plane stalled. And then it crashed.

FlyWolf said:
very sad news specially the 8 year old boy, may God speed recovery to all that involved, glad all crew and passengers are ok

Not so sure the crew will be ok. I can't imagine how they must feel now that we know there is a fatality. Why does it have to be a kid? Very sad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back