• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest off the runway at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Having flown into MDW many times in snow and good wx, it is ALWAYS a tricky airport. Very short rwys, very heavy snow is a mix that needs everything to go right. And then sometimes, that doesn't even help. Thank God that no one was hurt. Hang in there, my SWA bretheren.

CNN probably couldn't afford those "expensive" aviation experts so, they got a local "intern" working on his license.......glad noone got hurt.

MDW in the winter is not a fun one. I know I have been looking at that fence coming up with full reverse thrust and the anti-skid arguing with the snow......it goes for a pucker factor of at least 7 on the bad days. And that is when everything is going right!

Glad to hear nobody was hurt.

Yeah, but did they make DOT? ;) Sorry, MDW sucks and these things are inevitible. TC

Er,uh, NO, ATA went through the overrun and took out the glideslope shack but did not go through the fence or into the street.

Andy G said:
Er,uh, NO, ATA went through the overrun and took out the glideslope shack but did not go through the fence or into the street.

wrong

Latest resources

Back