Southwest off the runway at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA/FO said:
Well we don't want his ass. He can go ****himself. So can the rest of you folks that have taken the time on this board to take cheap shots at Southwest.

This a a very sad day.. for all of us at SWA.

Hey SWA/FO, I am glad to see that you traded your F word for some stars there. What you originally had was unacceptable and unprofessional and you are not worthy of being with everyone else here. You have shown us all your true colors and dont have any class either based on your previous comments. You need to learn to contain yourself, act like an adult and be respectful of others. Dont use the F word again here.

My prayers are with all at SWA and the family of the little boy.

Last edited:
you little #$%^&*()

E120ASA said:
you get what you pay for.

if anyone at ASA knows this filth I hope you deal with them in a manner appropriate to this level of insensitivity. unfortunately, this clown has painted an ugly picture of ALL ASA pilots....for a LONG TIME!

to all SWA PILOTS, CREWS and Families and ground victims....my heart and prayers go out to all involved in this tragedy. i am absolutely SURE it could have happened to anyone of us out there that carry the responsibility of operating aircraft in commercial aviation.

MDW is a joke for airline ops.What is the landing distance after the glide path on most of those R/W's 4800 or 5000 feet.I don't care how sharp you are eventually somebody will go off a wet or snowy R/W even if you fly the thing perfect.
Chicago politics at its best going back to about 1968.They told the people in the neighborhoods around MDW just corporate and private flying.Then money got involved.

wndshr said:
if anyone at ASA knows this filth I hope you deal with them in a manner appropriate to this level of insensitivity. unfortunately, this clown has painted an ugly picture of ALL ASA pilots....for a LONG TIME!

to all SWA PILOTS, CREWS and Families and ground victims....my heart and prayers go out to all involved in this tragedy. i am absolutely SURE it could have happened to anyone of us out there that carry the responsibility of operating aircraft in commercial aviation.

I couldnt agree more with you wndshr. Hey ASA kid, be a man and apologize to all here and to all at SWA for your most inappropriate comment you made last night.

Last edited:
wndshr said:

Don't be ridiculous. There's no reason to look down on the whole ASA pilot group because of this one guy. In my experience, the ASA guys have been some of the most professional regional pilots out there. Don't mistake one guy's inappropriate comment for the feelings of the entire group.

PCL_128 said:
Don't be ridiculous. There's no reason to look down on the whole ASA pilot group because of this one guy. In my experience, the ASA guys have been some of the most professional regional pilots out there. Don't mistake one guy's inappropriate comment for the feelings of the entire group.

you are right...may be ridiculous...but it is reality. this person took a chunk of respect out of the rest of the pilot group! what a shame!

As an ASA pilot, I can say that I don't echo E120ASA's sentiments nor do the vast majority here. God knows we are all one unfortunate move away from being in the news. I know I've rolled off the highspeeds before and wanted to kick myself for not have doing something different on the flight, whether it be continuing an approach or flying through weather that didn't look too bad on radar. You name it, we've all been there at one time or another.

Most of us at ASA know our crap stinks too, as we've had our share of incidents that fortunately turned out alright.

My prayers to the family that lost a child last night and to the crew that has to deal with that now.

KARMA PEOPLE.

Last edited:
Guitar rocker said:
You have shown us all your true colors and dont have any class either based on your previous comments. You need to learn to contain yourself, act like an adult and be respectful of others. Dont use the F word again here.
Do you seriously equate someone's professionalism as an aviator with how often they use 'f*ck' in conversation or on an internet discussion board?

By that standard, about 90% of aviators I know certainly are un-professional.

Mud Eagle said:
Guitar rocker said:
You have shown us all your true colors and dont have any class either based on your previous comments. You need to learn to contain yourself, act like an adult and be respectful of others. Dont use the F word again here.
Do you seriously equate someone's professionalism as an aviator with how often they use 'f*ck' in conversation or on an internet discussion board?

By that standard, about 90% of aviators I know certainly are un-professional.

Mud Eagle..........yah, I agree with you but not in a public venue like this. There are some simple rules on this site that we out of common respect towards others should follow. What SWA/FO said was unacceptable and if you noticed, he had to change his previous F word to stars. You really shouldnt have to ask this sort of question.

Viffer said:
Fair enough, this is all I will post. I still wonder though, how when our 15,000 lb airplane with a 95 knot ref can't meet a 135 landing there, how can a 737? Sorry to bother you.

Heavier aircraft, better braking abilities, and more powerful reverse thrust.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back