• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Nose Gear Collapse LGA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"According to numerous eyewitnesses, the airline ramp agent marshaled the arriving Saab-340B to its parking spot, chocked the nose wheel, and was in the process of delivering flight papers to the captain's access port when the papers blew out of her breast pocket. As she tried to retrieve the loose papers, her right hand contacted the winding down left propeller, and her thumb and two fingers were severed. Her manager characterized the cause as a case of impulse reactiveness on the part of the ramp agent in spite of having been trained on ground handling of the Saab 340 aircraft.
"

Ouch!

Nice try Wave but that was also 2002. Keep trying

That was driven by 2 mechanics and no passengers... I'd say that doesn't quite count.

Plus it's way outside of the time frame that the article was referencing. It said XJ had 3 accidents between 2005-2011. They pulled up a couple mishaps from 2002 but can't come up with anything to validate the stats that were posting. Seemed all bogus to me unless someone can prove otherwise.

Oh I can't tell you how little I care or was "trying" - I just thought losing 3 fingers was worth an "ouch"

Oh I can't tell you how little I care or was "trying" - I just thought losing 3 fingers was worth an "ouch"

I never said it wasn't an ouch. I'm just trying to debunk the article that said Mesaba had 3 accidents between 2006-2011. The one you cared so little about and took the time to look up and post was from 2002. Indeed an ouch but totally moot to what we are discussing, which is the validity of # of accidents stats that someone posted. Keep not caring Mr 7400 posts :p

Latest resources

Back