• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Southwest Nose Gear Collapse LGA

Juniority

Total Time
plenty
You're so cute and entertaining when you climb up on your little soap box (more exclamation points, please).

waveflyer

Total Time
Interesting Dan- I've had many passengers - especially business travelers say they like our taxi speeds. Pisses them off to go 2mph when they're hustling and want to get where they're going and do their business

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
Total Time
3,000+
Interesting Dan- I've had many passengers - especially business travelers say they like our taxi speeds. Pisses them off to go 2mph when they're hustling and want to get where they're going and do their business

I'm sure they also told you they like singing along with the rapping FAs and clapping on touchdown. :laugh:

waveflyer

Total Time
That's news to me. Try again. Looking for just 1, let alone 3 accidents.

"According to numerous eyewitnesses, the airline ramp agent marshaled the arriving Saab-340B to its parking spot, chocked the nose wheel, and was in the process of delivering flight papers to the captain's access port when the papers blew out of her breast pocket. As she tried to retrieve the loose papers, her right hand contacted the winding down left propeller, and her thumb and two fingers were severed. Her manager characterized the cause as a case of impulse reactiveness on the part of the ramp agent in spite of having been trained on ground handling of the Saab 340 aircraft.
"

Ouch!

waveflyer

Total Time
I'm sure they also told you they like singing along with the rapping FAs and clapping on touchdown. :laugh:

Yeah, they actually do...

I know, right? But they do

SplitBar

Total Time
Enough
"According to numerous eyewitnesses, the airline ramp agent marshaled the arriving Saab-340B to its parking spot, chocked the nose wheel, and was in the process of delivering flight papers to the captain's access port when the papers blew out of her breast pocket. As she tried to retrieve the loose papers, her right hand contacted the winding down left propeller, and her thumb and two fingers were severed. Her manager characterized the cause as a case of impulse reactiveness on the part of the ramp agent in spite of having been trained on ground handling of the Saab 340 aircraft.
"

Ouch!

Nice try Wave but that was also 2002. Keep trying

canyonblue

Everyone loves Southwest
Total Time
15000+

SplitBar

Total Time
Enough
That was driven by 2 mechanics and no passengers... I'd say that doesn't quite count.

Plus it's way outside of the time frame that the article was referencing. It said XJ had 3 accidents between 2005-2011. They pulled up a couple mishaps from 2002 but can't come up with anything to validate the stats that were posting. Seemed all bogus to me unless someone can prove otherwise.

waveflyer

Total Time
Oh I can't tell you how little I care or was "trying" - I just thought losing 3 fingers was worth an "ouch"

SplitBar

Total Time
Enough
Oh I can't tell you how little I care or was "trying" - I just thought losing 3 fingers was worth an "ouch"

I never said it wasn't an ouch. I'm just trying to debunk the article that said Mesaba had 3 accidents between 2006-2011. The one you cared so little about and took the time to look up and post was from 2002. Indeed an ouch but totally moot to what we are discussing, which is the validity of # of accidents stats that someone posted. Keep not caring Mr 7400 posts :p