• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest New Hire/Airtran questions for Southwest guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you guys not get the memo waayy back in flight school?
A professional pilot flies the airplane how their company wants tem to fly it.

I'm sure you were real receptive to a united furlough who wanted to tell you at air tran how to do things, right?

Every airline- and I mean every one- has some goofy procedures - most of it is just FAA stuff.

It was taught to me in systems class in the mid 90's by a retired TWA pilot- "united, American, delta will all fly the 727 differently, even if they're configured the same way. But you'll be earning a paycheck to fly airplanes, so you'll fly it exactly how they want you to. That's how you earn that check- and that's the difference between pros and everyone else."

Nothing worse than the people who've never worked anywhere else who can't figure out how to adjust.

And I was here for "company procedures approaches"

Complaining about procedures is for amateurs.

You lift Bro ? Next time throw in your work-out philosophy and recipes. Huge fan of your advice.

Last edited:
Condescension reaps ridicule. But, cheers to all!

Edit...except flop and the genital. They can go ******************** themselves.

Last edited:
Ugggg....just have fun in training guys. Bring your liver and watch out for gaining weight. It's an easy airplane with some great people in training. Have fun and welcome aboard. Happy New Years to the guys stuck in training over the holidays.

Hahaha- I already gave my lifting advice my man- like 3 years ago-

Condescension- sure- but you guys are the ones bitching about procedures-
Don't act like a rookie, won't get called a rookie

Happy new year and what Capt B said above- it's just not part of this Internet facade to be that cool

Condescension- sure- but you guys are the ones bitching about procedures-
Don't act like a rookie, won't get called a rookie

Hey, I'm still riding bitch on the seven-one, so I haven't complained yet. But this thread has RSW prima donnas typing "waaa" in response to meaningful input that was put up to help guys coming over. You can't polish turds, even purple ones.

Hey, I'm still riding bitch on the seven-one, so I haven't complained yet. But this thread has RSW prima donnas typing "waaa" in response to meaningful input that was put up to help guys coming over. You can't polish turds, even purple ones.

That's blurple turds to you!:D

Dude... Happy new year with a 10 hour overnight bc of delays-

There is quite a bit to criticize SWA about. Pretty sure most airlines can kick our butts on a turn about now-

But we are also transitioning to an international airline with an AQP training program, from one of the simplest (and efficient) ops in america- I complain about the multiple manuals- esp as they interface on iPad bc half the battle is figuring out which manual to search in- (why can't we search all at one time?)
Then, I say "waaaa" to myself and just get the job done-

Manuals and shuttles aren't worth the time to bitch about-
Do I wish things were going smoother?- yep-
But we have a LOT on our plate and a huge upside on the other side
We as pilots just need to deal with the pains for a minute- 40 years of good management won't disappear

Dude... Happy new year with a 10 hour overnight bc of delays-

There is quite a bit to criticize SWA about. Pretty sure most airlines can kick our butts on a turn about now-

But we are also transitioning to an international airline with an AQP training program, from one of the simplest (and efficient) ops in america- I complain about the multiple manuals- esp as they interface on iPad bc half the battle is figuring out which manual to search in- (why can't we search all at one time?)
Then, I say "waaaa" to myself and just get the job done-

Manuals and shuttles aren't worth the time to bitch about-
Do I wish things were going smoother?- yep-
But we have a LOT on our plate and a huge upside on the other side
We as pilots just need to deal with the pains for a minute- 40 years of good management won't disappear

I haven't flown with anyone in the last 6 months who is as optimistic and pro-company as you appear to be on FI. Not to say that I'm miserable and hate everything about SWA either. But I think going forward you are the minority when it comes to SWA management. As pilots we will always continue to kick ass and look out for each other, no matter what crap comes our way.

I haven't flown with anybody that optimistic either :} .

The last two f/o's were relatively senior and waiting to be forced over and looking at other options/opportunities that may present themselves. Obviously, I was aghast and told them that I thought everyone wanted to work for Southwest ;) .

Latest resources

Back