Southwest New Hire/Airtran questions for Southwest guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time will tell

I choose optimism bc a) I'm not quitting. And b)bc I've seen optimism literally create better results and even positively effect leaders. Seen negativity create as well.

Last edited:
I haven't flown with anyone in the last 6 months who is as optimistic and pro-company as you appear to be on FI. Not to say that I'm miserable and hate everything about SWA either. But I think going forward you are the minority when it comes to SWA management. As pilots we will always continue to kick ass and look out for each other, no matter what crap comes our way.

Hmmmmmmm..... There will be plenty of opportunities out there available by the 3 legacies. Quicker upward advancement due to retirements would take the initial sting out of first year pay (not bad at you know where), and 5000 pilots leaving could reset your career path in a matter of a couple to a few years, and probably never have to go to LBB either......

Bye Bye---General Lee

The thread is titled "question for Southwest guys/gals" you doosh. It's pretty obvious why you got rejected here, God man just let it go already.:erm:

The thread is titled "question for Southwest guys/gals" you doosh. It's pretty obvious why you got rejected here, God man just let it go already.:erm:

Yeah, I didn't want to have to pay for the type obviously! Only schmucks do that.... ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
None of you bit on my tony Robbins bit...
I've got to up my game for you co<kmonkeys

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a basement full of midget bones

Time will tell

I choose optimism bc a) I'm not quitting. And b)bc I've seen optimism literally create better results and even positively effect leaders. Seen negativity create as well.

I'm with you, Wave. Our ground game is an absolute embarrassment these days, and it cannot continue at this pace much longer. Something will eventually give because the customer complaints (only metric mgmt cares about these days besides ROIC) are going to start rising at an alarming rate. I'm betting on some upper-level mgmt types finally "deciding to spend more time with their families" as the end-game to this sorry chapter in our history. There is simply too much going on on too many different fronts for our insular, we've-always-done-it-this-way mgmt to effectively deal with.

Our brand is not completely ruined....yet. As little faith as I have in much of our head-shed these days, I do not yet believe they will risk ruining the brand before necessary action is finally taken. They will reap what they've sown, and the harvest is just beginning. It ain't gonna be pretty in the near term, but SWA will eventually recover & prosper, IMHO.

Best of luck to all the new-hires & transitioning fATN's. Just come aboard with eyes wide open & expectations properly managed. This place (like this career) has always been a crap-shoot. You never know what the next year will bring. I have lived in "interesting times" for the last decade & a half here, and it shows no signs of being any less so going forward.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back