• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest New Hire/Airtran questions for Southwest guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ugh. I'm typed in the 737 but haven't flown it since 2002 and that was an AQP type. Got around 1000 hours in it, but have flown 5 types since. I don't remember a darned thing about the 737. How thorough is the oral?

Insightful, yet concise. Teach us more! (on)

Waaaa
Wa, wuh...WAAAAAAH

That better-?

Look for the bad and you'll find it

Of all the things I could give a f^ck less about, it's construction of a manual during 5 major changes of an operation.

Furloughed again:
I thought it was tough. I felt ready, because I sweated the details. It lasted about 2:15. Start at the top of the cockpit, point to a box and start talking. I would start a little ahead of time. The problem is you are also learning new call outs and profiles at the same time.

Furloughed again:
I thought it was tough. I felt ready, because I sweated the details. It lasted about 2:15. Start at the top of the cockpit, point to a box and start talking. I would start a little ahead of time. The problem is you are also learning new call outs and profiles at the same time.

You got screwed. I think about 1 in 10 get the captain upgrade oral, while the rest cover the minimum to call it an oral. I agree about the profiles and call outs. I found those to be the hardest to learn, having another airlines 737 call outs competing for the same memory space.

I'm all for switching to hand signals with no callouts.

Nice and quiet.

PS- Humvee is right, you got screwed. I've never seen anything that difficult here. Cooperate, graduate.

Did you guys not get the memo waayy back in flight school?
A professional pilot flies the airplane how their company wants tem to fly it.

I'm sure you were real receptive to a united furlough who wanted to tell you at air tran how to do things, right?

Every airline- and I mean every one- has some goofy procedures - most of it is just FAA stuff.

It was taught to me in systems class in the mid 90's by a retired TWA pilot- "united, American, delta will all fly the 727 differently, even if they're configured the same way. But you'll be earning a paycheck to fly airplanes, so you'll fly it exactly how they want you to. That's how you earn that check- and that's the difference between pros and everyone else."

Nothing worse than the people who've never worked anywhere else who can't figure out how to adjust.

And I was here for "company procedures approaches"

Complaining about procedures is for amateurs.

Did you guys not get the memo waayy back in flight school?
A professional pilot flies the airplane how their company wants tem to fly it.

I'm sure you were real receptive to a united furlough who wanted to tell you at air tran how to do things, right?

Every airline- and I mean every one- has some goofy procedures - most of it is just FAA stuff.

It was taught to me in systems class in the mid 90's by a retired TWA pilot- "united, American, delta will all fly the 727 differently, even if they're configured the same way. But you'll be earning a paycheck to fly airplanes, so you'll fly it exactly how they want you to. That's how you earn that check- and that's the difference between pros and everyone else."

Nothing worse than the people who've never worked anywhere else who can't figure out how to adjust.

And I was here for "company procedures approaches"

Complaining about procedures is for amateurs.

Nice story man. Thanks for sharing.

Latest resources

Back