Southwest DIA, Frontier>DONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
apdsm said:
OK then, let's talk about decimation of air carriers by the "network" carriers. We can start with Legend and see where it leads from there!

Sorry man, but legend was flawed to begin with and would have failed anyway.

climbhappy said:
One stat to consider:

Midway was doing fine in Raleigh until SWA showed up.

The comparison to Frontier might be skewed, but SWA can pound a littler foe into the ground.

A huge portion of the Midway business plan was focused on an airframe that has an absurd seat-mile cost. Indy Air is the same way. SWA didn't kill Midway. Midway's business model killed them. Frontier doesn't have the same problem.

canyonblue said:
. As far as SWA/FO, I served with SWA/FO. I know SWA/FO. SWA/FO is a friend of mine. Jacka$$, you're no SWA/FO.

The only thing you and stempy have served in is a circle jerk.

Where in my post did I say or insinuate anything negative about SWA's? If anything I agree that it's a awesome company with great folks working there. My issue is with you jerky. And how by the grace of GOD you passed their filters thereby coloring there presence here on this board with those remarks you made about your competition.

Most people just put B-737 in their profile...You feel the need to compensate for your lack of _____ by putting B737-700,500,300,200 like it's suppose to impress.

Let me guess short dude, long time almost regional lifer, multiple turn-downs at any major airline during the roaring hiring day's who has a serious inferiority complex who get's lucky getting hired on by SWA's and now feels the need to thump his chest to show what a real pilot he has become. Close? And please spare me the I've researched all the airlines during that time and held out for SWA's speel....Your not that smart.

I'm done with you, you can have the final word there F.L.A.P.

Hey kernel,

So let’s get this straight….you have issue with canyon’s profile because it lists the greatest plane ever made. (the B737). But simultaneously you feel that you have to list every military turbo-prop trainer you ever flew? That would be the equivalent of me listing every Cessna model I ever flew.

Most of us at Southwest never wanted to work here and never applied! They just called us right out of the blue. It’s like the NFL draft… I’m hopeful when your airline makes it through this rough time and starts hiring off the street in 2020, I’ll be ready. Since, you work for a real airline and it is my dream.

I’m just thankful I didn’t let all those guys in my “unit” talk me into following them to those hub and spoke outfits. Just because you made a bad decision doesn’t mean all the SOUTHWEST dudes are bad for making the right decision.

My guess is that you never made it through the process at Southwest or you don’t even meet the minimums? Nothing, like being an FO for 20 years.

Skyboss said:
Chill man, Southwest is going to get smoked in Denver.

No rhetoric or kool aid drinking.....You could not be more wrong.

The ATA code share traffic was very good. Denver is a big market and Frontier's costs are not low enough to keep all their passengers. UAL is still struggling with the low cost thing. If you choose to compare CASMs make sure you adjust them for stage length.

Not to mention this is a great time to be growing. The economy is humming and fare increases are sticking. There is actually enough room for all three to do well for awhile. So I am not predicting anyone's doom.

Last edited:
koko nw said:
I'm done with you, you can have the final word there F.L.A.P.

Let me guess short dude, 5'2":( long time almost regional lifer, 17 years:crying: multiple turn-downs at any major airline during the roaring hiring day's turned down by 22 airlines including Aeroflot:smash: who has a serious inferiority complex You talking to me?:confused: who get's lucky getting hired on by SWA's and now feels the need to thump his chest to show what a real pilot he has become.
Proud to be a FLAP. :beer: :beer:

Last edited:
Quote by PCL_128: midway's business plan killed them....Indy air.....

yes, I agree, clearly indy air with the 30/barrel assumption. MBA students do better than that with their class projects.

The economic downturn showed Midway's vulnerability.

I hear Frontier is cash poor and can't bear a price war..... Does that show any problems with their plan.? Or is it just oil and too few aircraft to spread out those costs?

canyonblue said:
Let me guess short dude, 5'2":( long time almost regional lifer, 17 years:crying: multiple turn-downs at any major airline during the roaring hiring day's turned down by 22 airlines including Aeroflot:smash: who has a serious inferiority complex You talking to me?:confused: who get's lucky getting hired on by SWA's and now feels the need to thump his chest to show what a real pilot he has become.
Proud to be a FLAP. :beer: :beer:

Too many icons...too many colors...too much motion...not much substance...must...get...some...aspirin...

climbhappy said:
I hear Frontier is cash poor and can't bear a price war.....

You heard wrong. Frontier has one of the strongest balance sheets in the industry, relatively speaking. For a little 49 airplane airline they are doing just fine, however, any airline could use more cash and would prefer not to engage in a price war.

FlyBoeingJets -

I've just accepted a job at F9, and one of the things I liked about them was their CASM as it compares to SWA. In fact, that's one specific reason I feel OK about resigning my seniority with 2000 pilots under me. So, your comment about their CASM piqued my curiosity. Please don't think I'm being a smartass by asking this (quite the opposite, I assure you), but how would you 'adjust CASM for stage length'? Doesn't "Cost per Available Seat Mile" already specifically accomplish that 'adjustment'? F9's CASM is lower, until (of course) you add in SWA's fuel hedging program.

Latest resources

Back