Southwest DIA, Frontier>DONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL,
Please, show us a link or list the numbers. Assertions of a loss are thrown about all the time but never numerically justified.

Prove it!

PCL_128 said:

"If fuel prices stay where they are now, then SWA is slated to lose $300 million next year according to most analysts"

That is a boldface lie. Do you care to expand on who said this? GK has said numerous times in the past few weeks that he is expecting a 15% increase in profit next year, with current (two weeks ago, $60+ oil prices). Since then we have secured a greater percentage of our hedged position for 2006. I believe we are now above 80% hedged for our 2006 planned fuel needs at around $33 dollars a barrel.

Why such hostility toward SWA? I think F9 is a fine airline and will continue status quo with SWA in DEN. F9 will probably actually benefit from the increased passengers SWA historically brings into an airport. Only if they can operate long enough with the lower yields they will be getting due to having to lower ticket prices to match ours. Comparing balance sheets with SWA shows you don't know much about the crap coming out of our mouth.

Maybe you should stick to the regional board since thats who you fly for.

This is coming from no where except my mouth. I think that Frontier already has a following and an excellent product. I personally think that "Ted" should have more worries then F9.

Any thoughts...no one's mentioned Ted yet?

-LP-

PCL_128 said:
Southwest is going to lose money next year if fuel prices don't drop considerably.

Right, genius. No one at Frontier should worry that much, now if you're at Pinnacle, I'd be worried.

I like both airlines...but i am wondering where you get the fact that housing(i am assuming you mean values) has dropped in the past 3 years? Our community has appreciated 10% since april alone, that hardly seems like a drop in values to me. The area has historically shown a high percentage gain in values over the past few years...maybe look again at those numbers.

Good luck to both companies...I wouldn't turn either one of them down if they gave me a shot.

That article is a dud!! It doesn't say anything.

But, some simple minded people will hang on a few simplified assertions the article makes.

Compensation per employee numbers. We have reduced the number of employees over the last few years 34K+ down to 30K+, and at the same time we have grown our business (new routes, cities, more airplanes). Our total compensation per employee is more, but we operate with less employees. More efficient workforce.

The hedging numbers are off as well. Old news. Our hedging postion is now over 80% for 2006.

Wait till Thursday when Herb chews up and spits out Gerald Arpey during the WA hearing. It will be fun to watch! I expect a change in the situation when voting occurs for the TSA renewal bill in February.

I'm done responding. Cowboys are starting in a few and I can't chug my beer as fast when I type.

luv2fly

I'll try to save ya some trouble - the Boys are on bye this week. However feel free to watch the 49ers whoop-up on the Giants at 405. Then the next one is a crapshoot, lets hope the Skins beat the Eagles at 8:30. Gotta love Sundays.

anyone else here live near major airports and like a bunch of times they look up, they see a white jet, with the lame name TED written massively on the side of it.

Latest resources

Back