• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest announces four new routes from Newark

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So now arbitrators need to take into account how "nice" the airframes are?

Nice try.

The arbitrators took the old Dc-9s and old 742Fs into consideration during the DL/NWA SLI, primarily because they were in the process of dumping them, since they were OLD. Your old 737s will be replaced, partially with newer planes brought over by AT. That is the point I am trying to make, a lot of Southwest pilots seem to think AT isn't bringing a significant amount to your merger, which just isn't true. They deserve your respect, and you shouldn't think they should be profusely thanking you for the opportunity YOU are giving them. You should all be thankful about the great combination your airline will become.

No, not spotting billo- and not that emotional- I think delta is a good airline and I would have liked to work for them- it's your union and its makeup that blows- and like to remind you that DALPA has lead the charge to the bottom with all their outsourcing.

What I haven't figured out is why you guys haven't let skywest fly airbuses yet- just put 76 seats in them and give your widebody guys an extra 2%- I'm POSITIVE you'd vote yes-
Thank god there's some new blood who finally understand the damage you guys have done-
------------------
As for Swa- it is what it is, but I like my job and the company- hope it stays that way and I'll help-
--------------
Johnsonrod- not every airline is for everyone- if you don't want the job, don't
apply-
But if you're at a regional- it's nutty to me to cross them off your list- your career though

Nice, civil post. Wave, I have seen most of this country via RJ, and I want to see something else, with the option to come back to domestic if I want to. I want the variety a legacy has to offer, too. That is where I am at these days. I would love SWA pay, though, and I am hoping certain legacies get them back eventually. Have a great Christmas.

Nice, civil post. Wave, I have seen most of this country via RJ, and I want to see something else, with the option to come back to domestic if I want to. I want the variety a legacy has to offer, too. That is where I am at these days. I would love SWA pay, though, and I am hoping certain legacies get them back eventually. Have a great Christmas.

I used to think exactly that way- something about a furlough reprioritizes you. :)
Best advice I got- never go to an airline bc of pay, types, or bases- those will change- and be ready to accept that change when it happens- go with the first airline and try to get on with the most talented management.

And then there's this Boyd comment: it's not what southwest is, it's what it will be that is the x factor. And that will affect the entire industry.

Time will tell- I certainly don't have the "I've arrived" disease

6 months top...Gary would be wise to just buy some rail cars, paint um purple and cut a deal with Amtrak to tow them.

sounds like ISP to PVD, that lasted 120 days.

Thanks Carl Icahn.......733s and 735s are still old and junky. Good try trying to sidestep the facts.

HaHa.

You've got to be kidding me. From a guy who's company still flies DC-9's.
You have no credibility. Funny stuff though. Enjoy the RJ's and the 9's.

HaHa.

You've got to be kidding me. From a guy who's company still flies DC-9's.
You have no credibility. Funny stuff though. Enjoy the RJ's and the 9's.

Reading Rod's profile just below his name, it states he flies as E145 PIC. Those are probably more advanced than your older 737-300s and 737-500s. Where again does it say he flies a DC9, and which company do you think he flies for? Are there any Regionals that fly E145s and DC9s? Are you drinking spiked Eggnog? Merry Xmas.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
No worries General.

I don't mind flying the 300's because I know they are all paid for...kinda like Delta's DC-9's, except they were built in the 80's not the 60's.

Merry Christmas buddy.

Latest resources

Back