• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest announces four new routes from Newark

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And with this new service announcement, Southwest sadly announced the first flights in June from EWR to DEN, HOU, PHX, and BWI have been delayed due to weather and traffic.

No, the outbounds are ok. Unfortunately, the inbounds are subject to the fact that EWR is in a Ground Stop, update at Thanksgiving.

I, personally, welcome Southwest in EWR. If I need to get up there for any reason, rest assured it will be on you guys first and CAL last. Just remember, when you see the words, "Contact Newark Gate Hold on 132.45 NOW" on your PDC, you're in for a long day.

Is the General afraid he will be furloughed again when SWA kicks a little Delta Arse in ATL? I'm smelling a little fear from the boy.

SW kicking arse in ATL? You must not go in there a lot (or at all), but I do, and I park in the D concourse next to some of the AT gates, and those ground people don't look too fast to me. You get what you pay for, and I hope those SW wages will be a huge increase, because they don't look like they could do quick turns. And, when Delta saw Jetblue increasing flights at JFK a few years ago, they dumped a bunch of slow Dash-8s (freedom air) into the system to slow Jetblue down. I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that again. Also, will you get more gates at ATL, or just use the existing ones more? The C and D concourses for Airtran usually look full, so I don't know how much more expansion you can get. I think the General will be watching this with a smile on his face.

SW kicking arse in ATL? You must not go in there a lot (or at all), but I do, and I park in the D concourse next to some of the AT gates, and those ground people don't look too fast to me. You get what you pay for, and I hope those SW wages will be a huge increase, because they don't look like they could do quick turns. And, when Delta saw Jetblue increasing flights at JFK a few years ago, they dumped a bunch of slow Dash-8s (freedom air) into the system to slow Jetblue down. I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that again. Also, will you get more gates at ATL, or just use the existing ones more? The C and D concourses for Airtran usually look full, so I don't know how much more expansion you can get. I think the General will be watching this with a smile on his face.

That will work well.USAir did that to us in BWI and created getto jet. I do not think SWA even flys into BWI anymore. It is all USair.

So. You're basing your knowledge of AirTran's operation in ATL on the view out the window of an ERJ ?

Here are the facts. AirTran dropped its flights in ATL to 200(+/-) from 300(+/-) a day. SWA plans to ramp flights up to well over 300 a day. The final number will make AirTrans operation seem modest.

All gates can be converted to 737 gates. This was negotiated with the airport as part of the International terminal deal.

The ramp in ATL has become surprisingly efficient in recent years. Not perfect, but pretty good. I've got a feeling that SWA may be able to improve on that a tad .... Hmmmm ? They have some experience in the business of turning a 737.

That's super Dicko....

You think? I'll bet you can't just taxi past planes in a 20 plane line.....then again, after a few pizza parties, that will just be a minor nuisance.

That's super Dicko....

You think? I'll bet you can't just taxi past planes in a 20 plane line.....then again, after a few pizza parties, that will just be a minor nuisance.

Bill,

I think you missed the point.

Nobody can control the line for takeoff. You can control the time it takes to turn an airplane. DAL can do that ...... Right Bill ?

I'm confused about the pizza thing. Are you offering to buy me dinner ?

:D

AirTran is at 6 flts a day at each gate.
We plan on 10. You do the math.
Delta tried to dump "Song" on JetBlue too. I am not sure that worked out too well.
LaGuardia is not exactly known for its swift operations. We are killing it there!!! We will do our best in ATL too.

Last edited:
Newark is a d@mned nightmare. Don't you guys get paid double time for every minute you save on a sector? No double time for you out of that cesspool. I HATE EWR. It was good for overtime though!

box

AirTran is at 6 flts a day at each gate.
We plan on 10. You do the math.
Delta tried to dump "Song" on JetBlue too. I am not sure that worked out too well.
LaGuardia is not exactly known for its swift operations. We are killing it there!!! We will do our best in ATL too.

Where is all of your supposed killing in LGA happening? Was it posted in the Herb Turd News or somewhere more reliable and without bias?

Perhaps your on-time rating slipping is because of OTHER airports? Oh well, I can't hate on ya if you think you are "Killing it!"

Latest resources

Back