• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Red dog...you were in and chose to leave. You did what you had to do. I stayed made less but got a guartanteed retirement. You made your bed, I made mine. Live with it! I am not part of the problem with the union. The greedy guys who say they won't sign for less than 5% they are the problem. I am happy, working less and making more than ever before.

This is why SWA hires guys like you. If you think about it, it's brilliant. No matter what the company offers, you're a guaranteed "Yes" vote. Helps keep their costs down forever, meanwhile keeping the rest of us from getting a pathetic 5% raise.

Red dog...you were in and chose to leave. You did what you had to do. I stayed made less but got a guartanteed retirement. You made your bed, I made mine. Live with it! I am not part of the problem with the union. The greedy guys who say they won't sign for less than 5% they are the problem. I am happy, working less and making more than ever before.

Kernal please :angryfire

I have read the previous posts on this thread, and I'm still a little cloudy on exactly what's up for vote, etc... I know there is no growth projected for '09, and some of the labor groups in contract negotiations, but please explain what's up for vote. I've got my app in and just want to stay 'up' on what's going on... Thanks!

-Snaab

We're still in negotiations. There is nothing up for vote yet.
Some people just like to get all riled up over rumors and speculation...

I have read the previous posts on this thread, and I'm still a little cloudy on exactly what's up for vote, etc... I know there is no growth projected for '09, and some of the labor groups in contract negotiations, but please explain what's up for vote. I've got my app in and just want to stay 'up' on what's going on... Thanks!

-Snaab

We're trying to get a large contingent to text-in Dancing with the Stars to get Warren Sapp back into the swing of things. I personally want to see Brook Bourke back in Playboy.

Actually our contract is being negotiated right now, and a big hang-up is everyone's opinion on what the pilots, union, and company should allow on the section of our contract regarding Codeshare. Allegedly there is a TA on the language and that, along with the contract will be up for vote sooner than later.

I am not part of the problem with the union. The greedy guys who say they won't sign for less than 5% they are the problem. I am happy, working less and making more than ever before.

Actually Benhuntn, you are.

An approach of what this profession deserves is not anywhere close to your own personal situation. A union negotiates a contract for all of its members and indirectly, the airline pilot profession. If a TA is presented that is not acceptable to the group as a whole, you vote no. If this TA is only acceptable to you and you vote yes, you are underestimating the cancer that causes within the group/profession and you are not doing a service to yourself and your family in the long run.

I know this will be difficult to see because you have represented yourself as being only one within the group, and not being part of the group.

It is this attitude that has helped erode the fair compensation of this profession. That person who thinks as "one" is the same person that could cross "the" line.

Strikes are not only sometimes for the benefit of that particular work group, but for the profession as a whole. God bless those Eastern and Continental pilots who made an honorable stand. Curse those Scabs who took the food out of the mouths of babies being raised by those honorable pilots.

You need a paradigm shift Benhuntn.

I'm told by good sources that they know who he is and you don't have to worry about his vote. Actually, he's become somewhat infamous around the big D; some of his posts have made it to the walls of the PD.

Awsome! We'll have lots to talk about at me interview!

Actually Benhuntn, you are.

An approach of what this profession deserves is not anywhere close to your own personal situation. A union negotiates a contract for all of its members and indirectly, the airline pilot profession. If a TA is presented that is not acceptable to the group as a whole, you vote no. If this TA is only acceptable to you and you vote yes, you are underestimating the cancer that causes within the group/profession and you are not doing a service to yourself and your family in the long run.

I know this will be difficult to see because you have represented yourself as being only one within the group, and not being part of the group.

It is this attitude that has helped erode the fair compensation of this profession. That person who thinks as "one" is the same person that could cross "the" line.

Strikes are not only sometimes for the benefit of that particular work group, but for the profession as a whole. God bless those Eastern and Continental pilots who made an honorable stand. Curse those Scabs who took the food out of the mouths of babies being raised by those honorable pilots.

You need a paradigm shift Benhuntn.

great post

Hey guys, where's the luv? Shouldn't you be greasing each other up by now?

Benhurtin - I'm with you. We all make our choices and you know that this is a retirement job. And that's how I will look at it as well. Don't feel pressured to not vote for the good of the company just because some guys (who couldn't handle the full 20 years of service) want to be greedy.

Latest resources

Back