• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for your insightful input how how I "better" vote. I will take your advice into careful consideration.

You haven't even seen the T/A that does not exist, and you're voting NO? Way to stay informed. Happy voting.

Way to stay informed? Did you not get Carl's box-stuffer dated November 20th? You know, the one that has parts of Section 1 of the T/A regarding scope and code-share attached to it? You know, the letter that has Carl stating "Volaris and Westjet are considered good codeshare since it's flying SWA couldn't do" .... the one that allows for 7.5% of ASM to be flown by a REGIONAL CARRIER assuming the company and union get together and "talk" about it? Haven't seen that letter?

If that is in fact what will show up in the final language when it comes up for a vote then it gets a big fat NO from me, I don't care how attractive they make it look for the koolies with some COLA and retro.

You can vote yes if you want to, but don't come crying to me when your upgrade gets pushed further and further away while our code-share partners see double-digit growth every year.
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081202/southwest_outlook.html?.v=1

Happy voting!!

Red dog...you were in and chose to leave. You did what you had to do. I stayed made less but got a guartanteed retirement. You made your bed, I made mine. Live with it! I am not part of the problem with the union. The greedy guys who say they won't sign for less than 5% they are the problem. I am happy, working less and making more than ever before.

The greedy guys who say they won't sign for less than 5% they are the problem.

How do you feel that is greedy?...do you not think that people deserve a COL increase which we have not had in a few years...the company is still making money remember...

The greedy guys who say they won't sign for less than 5% they are the problem. I am happy, working less and making more than ever before.

This is exactly the reason why this T/A is going to pass no matter what's in it. Our seniority list is littered with guys just like Benhuntn who are "just happy to be here". Did you know the worker bees in the GO get their COLA every year without having to negotiate for it? How on earth can you say 5% is greedy? We are asking for a simple COLA raise from a very healthy company.

mt2,

That was an attempt at humor. I was referencing the old rumor about us buying AirTran and currently purchasing ATA assets and not giving those guys a job. :rolleyes: I am aware that ATA and AirTran are not the same. Thanks for pointing that out......

I will be vigorously engaging every pilot that feels that unfettered support from this pilot group is the way to go. My company has to earn my support and asking me and my peers to help find our own replacements is not earning that support. COLA is reasonable and for those that would blame me and others for our impending demise by demanding such modest raises should consider the scope and reach of what they are willing to negotiate. Agreeing to no raises and loose language will adversely effect every pilot on our seniority list. Codeshare is a sensitive subject and not all will agree. However, I am unwilling to give the company the freedom to find cheaper labor to do MY job.

I view this as a direct assault on me and my family's quality of life. It's personal. Paying me is the cost of doing business and my company CAN afford to do business. Management's job is revenue management and MY job is to fly airplanes with Southwest Airlines painted on the side. If they want to make more money, then they need to be better at Revenue Management. I show up on time, keep the jet on pavement, and go waaayyyy beyond the job description to give the customer what they pay for. This pilot group, like all pilot groups, go to work and do their jobs with the reasonable expectation of being paid well for their commitment to the company and its people. All I ask in return is that same effort from my management team.

Last edited:
Dude --
Sorry I didn't get the humor 1st time around. Long day and tired eyes make you miss a lot. The red wine with dinner didn't help either!

mt2

mt2,

That was an attempt at humor. I was referencing the old rumor about us buying AirTran and currently purchasing ATA assets and not giving those guys a job. :rolleyes: I am aware that ATA and AirTran are not the same. Thanks for pointing that out......

I will be vigorously engaging every pilot that feels that unfettered support from this pilot group is the way to go. My company has to earn my support and asking me and my peers to help find our own replacements is not earning that support. COLA is reasonable and for those that would blame me and others for our impending demise by demanding such modest raises should consider the scope and reach of what they are willing to negotiate. Agreeing to no raises and loose language will adversely effect every pilot on our seniority list. Codeshare is a sensitive subject and not all will agree. However, I am unwilling to give the company the freedom to find cheaper labor to do MY job.

I view this as a direct assault on me and my family's quality of life. It's personal. Paying me is the cost of doing business and my company CAN afford to do business. Management's job is revenue management and MY job is to fly airplanes with Southwest Airlines painted on the side. If they want to make more money, then they need to be better at Revenue Management. I show up on time, keep the jet on pavement, and go waaayyyy beyond the job description to give the customer what they pay for. This pilot group, like all pilot groups, go to work and do their jobs with the reasonable expectation of being paid well for their commitment to the company and its people. All I ask in return is that same effort from my management team.

We have a WINNER!

Scope,

You should know about denial, being "in the closet" and all.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

That would be about the response I expected from a nervous junior guy about to get furloughed.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back