• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
did you read the letter from GK on the 25th....it is on swalife.....it is interesting....I do not buy the furlough bit at all....

if the contract fails by a few percent...they will furlough 6-7% of the bottom which probably voted it down....re vote get 51% and then it passes.....bring back the 6-7%...mission complete.

did you read the letter from GK on the 25th....it is on swalife.....it is interesting....I do not buy the furlough bit at all....

if the contract fails by a few percent...they will furlough 6-7% of the bottom which probably voted it down....re vote get 51% and then it passes.....bring back the 6-7%...mission complete.

I don't think it would be in our financial best interests for him to follow this plan. 7% is 420 pilots. They would go non-current and cause massive downgrades. Aside from the financial impact, he knows better than to piss of the bottom 3000 pilots which would be affect one way or another.

Seriously?!? Where do you guys get this sheott? Are you bored, like to make $hit up, think you are smarter than the average dude...........what?

If you want to start a rumor that has teeth or scares people, be original and be clever. Say that we are buying JB's E190's or buying AirTran's assets to give the ATA guys jobs. Furlough talk is boring and stupid.

Well "bro"( I LUV you but here's some tough love) It's the difference between furloughing some of us or eventually furoloughing ALL of us.

Gup

That's the stupidest thing I have ever read. Yeah, they are furloughing all of us.... Fighting for the top of the senority list again??

Pretty much the sentiment of our airline is Capatins vs. FOs these days.

Voting yes...

Last edited:
Boy, you guys had better vote "yes" on that contract. That is, if you don't want to kill the company. Keeping your jobs is also nice.

I'd vote yes. You have to admit, they hold all the cards.

How much lead time does SWA give you guys before they start furloughs? If they were going to furlough in Feb, would they have to let you know by now?

To answer the village idiots question, if they furlough, I"LL LET YOU KNOW! I'm the bottom of the list..........

If you want to know how much time furloughs get in advance, ask the General Leigh, he has all the answers.

Besides, didn't you see that DeltaNorthwest is going to fly 777's to LBB.........guess whats next for them.........Midland!

Dick

Latest resources

Back