• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think it would be in our financial best interests for him to follow this plan. 7% is 420 pilots. They would go non-current and cause massive downgrades. Aside from the financial impact, he knows better than to piss of the bottom 3000 pilots which would be affect one way or another.

I was just making a joke...I do not believe the furlough thing at all

Seriously?!? Where do you guys get this sheott? Are you bored, like to make $hit up, think you are smarter than the average dude...........what?

If you want to start a rumor that has teeth or scares people, be original and be clever. Say that we are buying JB's E190's or buying AirTran's assets to give the ATA guys jobs. Furlough talk is boring and stupid.

That's right, keep thinking you're immune. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

I believe forloughs are in the making if we tell the company to stuff the codeshare. You can also kiss a payraise goodbye too.

My thinking is the company will throw in some money to the senior dudes in the form of extra vacation days, a COLA pay raise but will require code share language and probably a slight decrease in year 2-5 FO pay but an increase in years FO 6-12 pay. If we don't play and the economy is still in the pits then hello forloughs.

I think you need to go and talk to a swapa rep. you will be surprised at what the company is offering.
However I am still not going to vote for anything with a RJ codeshare.

Scope,

You should know about denial, being "in the closet" and all.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Personally, I trust the company before I trust the union. But I don't want RJ codeshare either. I would immediately do the opposite of Gup.

Personally, I trust the company before I trust the union. But I don't want RJ codeshare either. I would immediately do the opposite of Gup.

must be nice to have a military retirement with a 5+% COL increase....your part of the problem in this union......

must be nice to have a military retirement with a 5+% COL increase....your part of the problem in this union......

I will do the same exact thing when I can vote on the contract. In fact, as a retired AF guy, I wouldn't care if the gutted the medical plan (upped copays, raised rates, ect.) for a little hike in pay. After all, a retiree has Tricare for life. We each have to look out for ourselves.

Guys like RedDog are going to bankrupt the company. Take a look at GM.

Latest resources

Back