Southwest Accident May Be Indicative of Carrier-Specific Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
matt1.1 said:
I was speaking out of my, er...digestive track here...edited for flamebating.

What are you trying to accomplish here??

Last edited by a moderator:
matt1.1

These clowns need to be cast aside. UAL78, Eagleflip, please get rid of the "come latelys". You have no experience flying an airplane, so why post here? How do I know? I've read your posts, all 6 of them and it shows.

matt1.1 said:

Well maybe I am getting a different slant on your expertise. Maybe you are actually a SWA pilot since you seem to know so much about how they operate. Come on, please give us a hint Are you SWA, DAL, Alaska, or AA. You seem to know so much................maybe you are the SWA POI. One thing for sure, you sir are a complete Dick Head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt1.1- You have no tact, no credibility, and no clue as to how SWA teaches, and NO CLASS! You are offensive and need to leave. Moderator- penalty box please!

Last edited:
matt1.1 said:
Boeingman, I suggest you read the accident investigation before misrepresenting the facts about young pilots. That accident involved two GE engines that failed to restart and a QRH that did not provide the necessary airspeed guidance for a successful restart. Nice try, old timer but again your MEMORY has failed or you are just distorting the facts and talking out your a$$.

I suggest you take a look at that investigation to see if the aircraft could even climb that high given the conditions..i.e. ISA. And again SPORT! After a more experienced aviator flamed both engines, I believe that they would have immediately declared an emergency, not have worried about their jobs at that moment and lie to ATC. They didn't say anything about dual flame-out from FL410 until it was too late for any help from ATC.

AlbieF15 said:
...I've always liked a slight duck under at 500 feet (fighter tech on ILS to land 500 down) when VMC....

Why would you pass up an opportunity to practice, in good weather, the technique you'll use to handle the tough chances?

Matt 1.1 = LOSER. I would like to use my favorite word, but then I would get in trouble again..:angryfire

I have some trouble with the available landing distance on a snow covered runway. It looked like 4780 feet, or something close to that number, available for landing with the glideslope. Can some of you 737 guys shed some light as to whether that is enough distance on a contaminated runway?

Scooby,

You ask too general a question. Of course that CAN be long enough, but the final answer depends on the wind, weight of the aircraft, runway slope, temperature, pressure altitude, and braking action of the runway.

No airline just "wings it" or takes a WAG onto a runway like that or any other runway for that matter. The data is all put in a computer or chase charts for a final answer. If an airliner attempts to land on a runway, you can rest assured something told them they could. The important thing is that accurate information is entered into the equation.

Latest resources

Back