• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Addis really isn't that bad, on the classic half the time your layover was spent in Europe. plus there free golf to the SA crews. and nice hotel pool.

I am sure it is more interesting than Ft. Wayne and Harrisburg!!!!! Yeah, those layovers BLOW after the first or second time. I'd be interested in a tour around Addis - I am sure you can find some cool historic sites.

Addis really isn't that bad, on the classic half the time your layover was spent in Europe. plus there free golf to the SA crews. and nice hotel pool.

Free golf?!?! Now, there is a bennie! (I mean that seriously, being a golf nut.) :)

Free golf?!?! Now, there is a bennie! (I mean that seriously, being a golf nut.) :)

you have to tip your caddy and pay for your golf balls, but the the hotel provides the golf clubs, and free green fees.. you can also work on your tan pool side.

What's the latest word on fleet assignments for newhires? Are the 744 FO slots becoming available yet for newhires? For the next class (January?), what would be the "likely" fleet mix for newhires considering the 400s, 777s and Classics?

Also, what are the typical backgrounds of recent newhires in terms of experience and hours? Other freight dogs? Regionals? Legacy furloughees? Corporate/fractional? Any trends in terms of backgrounds?

Last edited:
777 staffed for now. Most recent class were all assigned 400. Haven't heard of any more classic classes in the works. Most new hires have a variety of different backgrounds and experience from all of the above so one size does not fit all. Total times from 3500a to 10,000 plus...

777 staffed for now. Most recent class were all assigned 400. Haven't heard of any more classic classes in the works. Most new hires have a variety of different backgrounds and experience from all of the above so one size does not fit all. Total times from 3500a to 10,000 plus...

two more 777 classes around the first of the year, furloughing FE's In Jan 8th and most classes will be 400' from here on out.

Sword

When we were in Norwalk doing indoc, we were told we were going to be the last 777 class for a while and to enjoy being on the bottom of that list.... with +/- 120 on the jan bid sheet I'd say we are staffed on the 77 for up to 5 planes according to the staffing model per plane.... That may all change of course, who knows. Sword has been here much longer and probably has better insight into things....

Latest resources

Back