• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you get the airline miles? Do they pay you during training? Also i would assume the training must be good for the type of flying you do.

Are the hotels pretty nice on the overnights?

Thanks for the information

Do you get the airline miles? Do they pay you during training? Also i would assume the training must be good for the type of flying you do.

Are the hotels pretty nice on the overnights?

Thanks for the information

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! <*snort*>... *ahem*... the training is, shall we say, sufficient enough for you to hopefully not leave a smoking hole in the ground after your first flight. I'm guessing you never flew ACMI. It's the "fire hose" treatment; you'll really learn more while on the road, kind of an OJT thing.

*note- this applies only to the 747 side of the house. The 777 side is more up to date, so you'll likely get better training over there. But I don't really know, cuz I'm flying a 4-holer, not a 2-holer.

Don't get me wrong, the people in the training department are for the most part, outstanding, but you'll spend more time in training learning the systems of an RJ than you will here (or any other ACMI) learning the 747.

4) Yes, the hotels are for the most part quite comfortable. Usually a decent location, breakfast included, gym included, high speed internet included, except for Anchorage, where the Hilton has apparently hooked up their entire hotel to a single 56k modem. It's faster in Ethiopia.

Thanks for the information.

How are your rest areas are on the plane? Also do they do a good job of catering your plane? Enough food and drinks for the long flights and large crews you have?

I applied last week and just got a email from them asking to answer further questions. I guess that is a good thing?

One other thing. Do you DHD on all different airlines? or do they send you on certain carriers? Coach on a Emirates flight is much different than coach on United.

I applied last week and just got a email from them asking to answer further questions. I guess that is a good thing?

Hey DHP, I got the same e-mail today. When you clicked on the link did you find anything that took you to a new section with additional questions? I didn't see anything obvious so I tried 'update your profile' and found that a couple of sections were blank. I answered those questions but they still show as blank every time I go back to 'update.' I'm still not sure if the e-mail was an invitation to provide more info or an indication that my app was incomplete.

Hey DHP, I got the same e-mail today. When you clicked on the link did you find anything that took you to a new section with additional questions? I didn't see anything obvious so I tried 'update your profile' and found that a couple of sections were blank. I answered those questions but they still show as blank every time I go back to 'update.' I'm still not sure if the e-mail was an invitation to provide more info or an indication that my app was incomplete.

Wondering the same thing. Got a call yesterday to update my application/profile but it's just repeating the same steps. Guess I should give them a call today.

Also to the guys at SA now do any of you have any sort of family life? How many days are you on/off.

Wondering the same thing. Got a call yesterday to update my application/profile but it's just repeating the same steps. Guess I should give them a call today.

Alright, I broke down and bugged them about this question. They confirmed those were the proper steps. Thought I should share before we all deluge them with calls/emails. Best of luck.

Any hope of a better schedule in the future? 20 on 10 off is a tough pill to swallow for a father and a husband.

I updated also but everything looked the same to me also. Oh well hope I gave them what they wanted.

Latest resources

Back