Sorry...I've had it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
320AV8R said:
Jesus, Mary & Joseph…….do we have to go over THIS again ? I guess so.

The IAM was ousted by AMFA, a renegade stand-alone union that had no interaction with the other unions on the property. Negotiations broke down & they struck. No other union supported them. Their picketing permit has expired. Their strike center is closed. Mgmt recently proposed to give them 1 or 2 months severance pay, pay them for unused vacation, etc, and provide Unemployment benefits. They voted it down.

NWA ALPA pilots will be in their own shoes picketing this week.

WRT the topic at hand….. hopefully everyone can avoid any JS problems, & have a prosperous 2006.

320AV8R

I understand what you are saying, but the situation at NWA called for everyone to bury the hatchet regardless of what was going on politically with the unions. You guys made a fatal mistake in not realizing your enemy was management not some renegade union so to speak.

I guarantee you NWA management will focus next on decimating ALPA now that they have learned the employees will not stick togethor. Then they will go after the next union. Strength in numbers is not just a catch all phrase.

Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.

Now my name isn't Joseph or Mary...but I have been know to hear the term Jesus by my wife when she....never mind.

Now my name isn't Joseph or Mary...but I have been know to hear the term Jesus by my wife when she....never mind.

That oughta bring the blue-noses out of the woodwork pretty quickly . . . . . .

Boeingman said:
I understand what you are saying, but the situation at NWA called for everyone to bury the hatchet regardless of what was going on politically with the unions. You guys made a fatal mistake in not realizing your enemy was management not some renegade union so to speak.

Do a search about this....it's been covered over and over and over again. We tried to fight Mgmt with AMFA & got the finger. They wanted to be on their own. Mgmt won, they lost. We've moved on.

I guarantee you NWA management will focus next on decimating ALPA now that they have learned the employees will not stick togethor. Then they will go after the next union. Strength in numbers is not just a catch all phrase.

That's why our latest Agreement was tied to all the other unions participating. Sans AMFA, there is more cohesion.

Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.

True.

320AV8R

Ty Webb said:
Crackpipe jockey . . . . what are you, a complete idiot? Yeah, maybe this captain was furloughed out of seniority, ahead of all the FO's on the seniority list .

Ok, I'll give you that about the captain being furloghed. Everyone else knew what I meant. I will state it more accurately since it appears I am on trial by the court of Webb!! I know you are a defender of the LCC way of doing business. I am not!!!

"maybe this NWA Capt. just got displaced to FO and his pay thereby cut in half, or perhaps he now must fly smaller equipment for less pay."

And as for crackpipe comment, I'll give you that one as well. It might be a way I can hallucinate myself back 5 years ago when most of us had some sort of future to look forward to in this profession.

The problems that NWA and other legacies are having are not that of pilots "willing to work for half the pay". If that was true, Delta and NWA would have been profitable in December . . . after all, they are now working for the same or less as the LCC pilots . . . . . .It is a combination of bad management, high oil, 9/11, internet pricing, and the relative seniority of Legacy crews.

Then tell me how United was earning billion dollar profits in 99. And all the other Majors were doing relatively well. I don't have the financials in front of me but all but maybe USAirways were showing hundreds of millions of dollars in profits, while all the while paying their pilots a decent wage with good QOL and time off. Oh yeah and a pension!! a real pension. Not that stuff the LCC's pawn off on ya.

WTFO?? He's saving the profession by denying a jumpseat to another pilot? Most pilots with a little common sense would argue that this type of mindest is exactly what caused the problems this profession is having right now. If pilots were to stick together, you wouldn't have "whipsaws" and "scope problems". Everyone would be working for the same high rates across the board.

When is "Critters" contract up for negotiation? I will expect to see a minimum of 20% raises across the board and scope which prohibits any flying of greater than 50 seaters at a regional.

Just checked out Critters website and they are charging 72 bucks roundtrip from Atlanta to Savanah. That folks is why the profession is in the dumpster. Anyone who thinks that you should be able to fly for that amount is the one on the crackpipe...not I!

Heres another...60 bucks from EWR to MCO, and 125 roundtrip. WHAT!!!
If prices were to be raised by just 20 bucks one way, everyone would be earning profits.

Last edited:
pipejockey said:
Just checked out Critters website and they are charging 72 bucks roundtrip from Atlanta to Savanah. That folks is why the profession is in the dumpster. Anyone who thinks that you should be able to fly for that amount is the one on the crackpipe...not I!

Heres another...60 bucks from EWR to MCO, and 125 roundtrip. WHAT!!!
If prices were to be raised by just 20 bucks one way, everyone would be earning profits.

Care to guess what airline went against almost every attempt at raising the fares dating back at least 10-12 years?

Yeah, Airtran and Jetblue have been desperately trying to raise fares over the years and that mean 'ol NWA has stopped 'em. GMAFB...

I gotta get over to Wendy's so I can go through the trash for cups so I can get an Airtran ticket.....or maybe I should just pay JB the $25 for JFK-BOS....

DTW320 said:
Yeah, Airtran and Jetblue have been desperately trying to raise fares over the years and that mean 'ol NWA has stopped 'em. GMAFB...

I gotta get over to Wendy's so I can go through the trash for cups so I can get an Airtran ticket.....or maybe I should just pay JB the $25 for JFK-BOS....

Uh, excuse me, but JB and AirTran pilots are going to be making more than any legacy NB pilots. If they want to charge nothing, make a profit and pay top dollar (for the industry today) who cares?TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back