Sorry...I've had it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pipejockey said:
Just checked out Critters website and they are charging 72 bucks roundtrip from Atlanta to Savanah.

This has been covered multiple times on this board over the past four years, Chief. . . . we don't set the price any more than the major that dumps capacity into that market does . . . . Normally, I'd be happy to explain it to you, but if you can't even call the airline I fly for by its name, there isn't any reason to spend the time to straighten your ignorant ass out. . . . . . .

So, let's just call it what it is:

Your career expectations are not being met, and so, it's somebody else's fault . . . . sucks to be you.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTW320
Yeah, Airtran and Jetblue have been desperately trying to raise fares over the years and that mean 'ol NWA has stopped 'em. GMAFB...

I gotta get over to Wendy's so I can go through the trash for cups so I can get an Airtran ticket.....or maybe I should just pay JB the $25 for JFK-BOS....

Uh, excuse me, but JB and AirTran pilots are going to be making more than any legacy NB pilots. If they want to charge nothing, make a profit and pay top dollar (for the industry today) who cares?TC
Uh, excuse ME, but tell me more about that crystal ball of yours.

The JB guidance of a 4th qtr AND full year 2005 loss is wrong?

JB is making a profit on those $25 fares?

Airtran pilots will prevail in mediation and the company will back down on the requests for cost cuts?

AMR, at least, would have to take a hefty paycut on the NB to make less than JB or AirTran pilots. Not to mention 757 rates at CO. And all of that is in the left seat. FO rates at most legacies would have to come down a lot more to be less than FO rates at JB/AirTran. But Hey, they probably will at the rate we're going. I'm not at all debating the magnitude of the pay cuts at the legacies and the relative strength of the LCC payscales. But lets keep it strictly to facts please.

Besides, none of this was about what LCC pilots make, it was about the claim that NWA not going along with fare increases on some walk-up fares in a few markets was responsible for AirTran not being able to raise ticket prices reulting in the sample fares posted by pipejockey....

FOCUS: I don't think it has been JB/AirTran who has been upset with NWA not going along with some fare increases in the past.

DTW320 said:
Airtran pilots will prevail in mediation and the company will back down on the requests for cost cuts?

The Company's proposal was put out to try to lower expectations . . . it was not taken seriously by the pilot group. I think we are in a great position- working under the current contract as the airline revenue picture improves, and we will have the opportunity to increase our requests if conditions continue to improve . . .

AMR, at least, would have to take a hefty paycut on the NB to make less than JB or AirTran pilots.

Depends how you look at it. I was hired at AirTran in 2001. If I was hired at American that same year, I'd have been furloughed this whole time.

Even if I worked the whole time, at current pay scales, I would have made more total pay at AirTran over the past four years, and would continue to make more every year, based upon the fact that your most junior CA upgraded when George Bush SR. was President (current contract, both carriers) and my retirement is safe.

based upon the fact that your most junior CA upgraded when George Bush SR. was President (current contract, both carriers) and my retirement is safe.
Hey Ty, like I said in my post: lets stick to the facts please: The junior CA at NWA was HIRED in the summer of 1995(he's MSP reserve DC9) so either you are being fed bad info or your presidential history is seriously flawed.

The Company's proposal was put out to try to lower expectations . . . it was not taken seriously by the pilot group.
Hey, I respect your position but lets see how seriously Joe and the mediators take it OK? Plus the fact that, by your own admission, you guys are in many cases making more than legacy pilots certainly does not help your negotiating position. But then I'm coming from a background of dealing with a company that negotiated even dirtier when they were making big profits. I hope for your sake that there is a positive corporate culture at Airtran and that agreeing that employees should share in the good times is part of management's mindset.

I agree with your other point, i.e. it's all about timing. The fact that for quite a few years our FO's were making more than JB/Airtran Captains has to be factored in. Would a post 1998 NWA hire have done better going to Airtran at the same time? Yes, but many others are still doing better in terms of total compensation, including, until recently, vastly superior benefits.

Blue Skies....

DTW320 said:
Hey Ty, like I said in my post: lets stick to the facts please: The junior CA at NWA was HIRED in the summer of 1995(he's MSP reserve DC9) so either you are being fed bad info or your presidential history is seriously flawed.

I think you missed the reference to AMR, whose most junior CA was a 1990 hire, according to airlinepilotcentral.com:

Most junior captain hired: Feb 1990 (MD80/LGA)

Palomino said:
to quote Hemingway...'isn't it pretty to think so?'

Uh, yeah, Chief . . . it's deposited twice a month into my Fidelity account.

And to quote Murphy, "Never try to teach a pig to sing".

I think you missed the reference to AMR, whose most junior CA was a 1990 hire, according to airlinepilotcentral.com:

Oh, OK....it was the way you said "your most junior captain" that made me, with a screen name of DTW320, think you meant NWA. But since you are talking about AMR, how is their B plan retirement less safe than yours?

pipejockey said:
Just checked out Critters website and they are charging 72 bucks roundtrip from Atlanta to Savanah. That folks is why the profession is in the dumpster. Anyone who thinks that you should be able to fly for that amount is the one on the crackpipe...not I!

Heres another...60 bucks from EWR to MCO, and 125 roundtrip. WHAT!!!
If prices were to be raised by just 20 bucks one way, everyone would be earning profits.

When is "Critters" contract up for negotiation? I will expect to see a minimum of 20% raises across the board and scope which prohibits any flying of greater than 50 seaters at a regional.

Mommy! Baaad dude called me Critter again! Booooo hoooooo hoooooo, now I think dat you aint meain to be showin me love be callin me Critter, but dude, it's ALLLLL GOOOOD! Unless you be on dat negotiatin committee or be like one of da peeps who gonna be votin fer da Tranny's next contract, then just wait and see what da peeps git. Here's da deal, my brother from another mother, all the peeps who are at the Tranny know that we're a LOW COST Carryin type of place, and aint nobody expectin like crazy pay raises. Do da peeps at the Tranny want better workin rules? Aww Yeah!

Do we wants contract language dats easier to read and clearer dan like dat stuff I be typin on flightinf? Awww Yeah!

Pay Raise?--Yeah bro, dat be OK too!

Super crazy pay raise dat flushes dat ole competitive advantage stuff down dat porcelin terlit? --Naw bro, lots a da dudes from da Tranny gots da furlough before, and all we be lookin fer is a contract dat makes dis a good place to be workin and a place where we can be keepin our job and our bennies for like way way way way in to da future.

Dats da kind a contract da Trannies be talkin bouts!!

Ty Webb said:
Uh, yeah, Chief . . . it's deposited twice a month into my Fidelity account.

And to quote Murphy, "Never try to teach a pig to sing".

Ty Guy, why can'ts you try to be teachin da piggy to sing. I saw Charlotte's Web, an like ole Zuckerman's Famous pig had like mad singin skillz.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back