Sorry...I've had it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pipejockey said:
Maybe this NWA Cpt. just got a furlough notice or something. Everyone is entitled to a bad day are we not? I can sympathize with the NWA guy. He has watched a prosperous career get washed down the drain the past 4 years. He has watched airlines come in and with their significantly lower costs, due in part to employees willing to work for half as much, provide the same service his company provides for far less, thus siphoning off his work. Give the guy a break, he's firing some of the last shots in a lost war to save this profession.

oh puhhhlleeeze....you got to be kidding me....what a bunch of Krapp!

pipejockey said:
Maybe this NWA Cpt. just got a furlough notice or something. Everyone is entitled to a bad day are we not? I can sympathize with the NWA guy. He has watched a prosperous career get washed down the drain the past 4 years. He has watched airlines come in and with their significantly lower costs, due in part to employees willing to work for half as much, provide the same service his company provides for far less, thus siphoning off his work. Give the guy a break, he's firing some of the last shots in a lost war to save this profession.

You idiot.

pipejockey said:

F L A M E B A I T ! !.......Or a management puke!!!!!!!

Didn't this thread die about 2 weeks ago ?

320AV8R

pipejockey said:

Not flaimebait an idiot or management. Part of being a mature fwd thinker is to understand (NOT JUSTIFY) where people are coming from when things don't go the way you expect them to go....

First of all, this thread should have never been started. IB6 UB9, all this thread does is whip up a mob frenzy. Your original post and this thread is flawed. All you are doing is looking for sympathy....

In addition, if your character is to start this kind of post, was your behavior beyond reproach when you requested the jumpseat? All we have is your version of the account. We always judge others by thier actions and ourselves by our thoughts. Until we get the the other side of the story we'll never know the truth.

The fact is when we jumpseat off line we are asking for a free ride on someone elses carrier. I appears that since your fiancee was traveling too the stress and expectation of getting on was high and since it didn't happen you're pretty disapointed and angry.

Finally, you've indicated that you are ready to become the guy that you are "publicly" flogging.

It seems to me there is a lot of house cleaning on your side before you discuss the dirt in someone elses....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Not flaimebait an idiot or management. Part of being a mature fwd thinker is to understand (NOT JUSTIFY) where people are coming from when things don't go the way you expect them to go....

First of all, this thread should have never been started. IB6 UB9, all this thread does is whip up a mob frenzy. Your original post and this thread is flawed. All you are doing is looking for sympathy....

In addition, if your character is to start this kind of post, was your behavior beyond reproach when you requested the jumpseat? All we have is your version of the account. We always judge others by thier actions and ourselves by our thoughts. Until we get the the other side of the story we'll never know the truth.

The fact is when we jumpseat off line we are asking for a free ride on someone elses carrier. I appears that since your fiancee was traveling too the stress and expectation of getting on was high and since it didn't happen you're pretty disapointed and angry.

Finally, you've indicated that you are ready to become the guy that you are "publicly" flogging.

It seems to me there is a lot of house cleaning on your side before you discuss the dirt in someone elses....
Rez, you're really off base on this one. The individual who started is beyond reproach and is fed up with his experiences. It appears from your profile you've never had the "pleasure" of commuting so you don't know what kind of crap shoot it is to get to work. And please, spare us the argument that if the job is so important, you'd live at your base. IB6 UB9 is venting his frustrations to inform others of his experience in hope that readers of this thread will understand and appreciate the events some fall under from time to time. The hope is that it will not be repeated by anybody else and those who may think this way may want to readjust their thought process. I believe Red Green states it quite well when he says that "I'm counting on you, We're all in this together."

Last edited:
JB Bus Drvr said:
Rez, you're really off base on this one. The individual who started is beyond reproach and is fed up with his experiences. It appears from your profile you've never had the "pleasure" of commuting so you don't know what kind of crap shoot it is to get to work. And please, spare us the argument that if the job is so important, you'd live at your base. IB6 UB9 is venting his frustrations to inform others of his experience in hope that readers of this thread will understand and appreciate the events some fall under from time to time. The hope is that it will not be repeated by anybody else and those who may think this way may want to readjust their thought process. I believe Red Green states it quite well when he says that "I'm counting on you, We're all in this together."

Wrong!

I commuted for four years. Lived at domicle for a while and now commute again. Trying to label me a non commuter is a typical MO.

I take a USMC attitude when I am flying my trips - No one gets left behind! I had the pleasure of taking JB pilot this fall. He was to sit in the cabin. It filled up quick and I welcomed him right into the flightdeck. Great guy. Great airline.

I can always burn 200lbs of gas before take off, so a jumpseater gets to go. Often I do a sweep and clear of the gate to make sure any jumpseaters know I know they are there and I am doing all I can to get them on; therefore I cut out the middle man-the gate agent.

I am the biggest supporter of jumpseating. It is the one of the last greatest perks of this job. And this why I am not jumping on IB6's blood in the water feeding frenzy. If IB6 is fed up maybe he and others like him should change what they can control: their expectations. Jumpseating is a privildge not a right. We all get denied from time to time.

Again, this thread should've never been started. It is biased and emotional.

What is IB6 really trying to accomplish? His intentions maybe be true but his delivery is off. Does his post turn a negative into a positive? Does this thread unite or divide?

Last edited:
Rez O. Lewshun said:
Wrong!

I commuted for four years. Lived at domicle for a while and now commute again. Trying to label me a non commuter is a typical MO.

I take a USMC attitude when I am flying my trips - No one gets left behind! I had the pleasure of taking JB pilot this fall. He was to sit in the cabin. It filled up quick and I welcomed him right into the flightdeck. Great guy. Great airline.

I can always burn 200lbs of gas before take off, so a jumpseater gets to go. Often I do a sweep and clear of the gate to make sure any jumpseaters know I know they are there and I am doing all I can to get them on; therefore I cut out the middle man-the gate agent.

I am the biggest supporter of jumpseating. It is the one of the last greatest perks of this job. And this why I am not jumping on IB6's blood in the water feeding frenzy. If IB6 is fed up maybe he and others like him should change what they can control: their expectations. Jumpseating is a privildge not a right. We all get denied from time to time.

Again, this thread should've never been started. It is biased and emotional.

What is IB6 really trying to accomplish? His intentions maybe be true but his delivery is off. Does his post turn a negative into a positive? Does this thread unite or divide?

You are right, my original post was off base, and later I retracted the statement. I don't have the time or energy to go through the whole thread but I think it is still there. However, some "maintenance" was done on this thread not long ago and the whole story isn't here. I of all people realize there are two sides to a story, but I can assure you sir, it was a legit request. All that is happening here is B6 is getting denied the jumpseat periodically because we work here, and other than ranting on a public forum, we remain professional and honor ALL jumpseat requests by other carriers, including NWA.

It takes a "big" person to admit that his words were wrong. IB6, you've done a great job of doing so several times now, so I don't fault you.

Gents, I think this horse is quite well beaten. Can we move on to something more productive?

EF

Eagleflip said:
Gents, I think this horse is quite well beaten. Can we move on to something more productive?

EF

Yes, let's do that. What is up with B6 pilots cleaning the planes. And what is going to happen when they have to start paying for their planes. And wouldn't you agree that they are the same as Peoples express?

Just kidding EF:p

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back