• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sorry...I've had it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yup. right here. gonna share your club so i can continue in the dead horse beating?

do you wanna hear my sob stories about commuting as well?

i wish you well in the rest of your commuting. i'm sure this thread has solved all your issues.

do you wear epaulets or chips on your blue shirts at B6?

Palomino said:
it appears that the only jumpseat on the 757 was already spoken for on this flight.

Easy there, Palomino. Your "horse" was brought back to life with the aforementioned quote.

Now giddyup, little doggie. IB6 was just setting the record straight.

Cheers,
SCR

Starting today, I am no longer letting NWA pilots on my jumpseat. That'll teach 'em! :D TC

Let 'em on

The Sarcastic comment in my last post was to just point out how anyone can point fingers anywhere. The point is that NWA is not without guilt for the current mess the industry is in. Everyone, LCC's included need the fare to go up. If NWA had followed the other carriers in hiking fares in the past, maybe, just maybe we all would be making more money.

Anyone wanting a jumpseat on 'my' plane will be allowed on. NWA jumpseaters will have to endure a few minutes of education, [with a smile of course].

I just bought my first ID-90 to hopefully make sure I get home for Christmas.

Happy [and safe] Holidays everyone.
B6guy

IB6 UB9 said:
Tonight I was denied the jumpseat on an NWA 757, 1/2 full, last flight of the night, because of where I am employeed. Because of this and recent events, and the disrespect towards my fellow employees displayed over the last 15-18 months...many of whom are furloughed from an ALPA carrier, some of whom are furloughed from this ALPA carrier, I will no longer accept an NWA employee on my jumpseat.

The only pilot who will deny a jumpseat, is a guy who doesn't commute or has never had to commute off-line. Thus the clown in question will never feel the retaliation, only the guy in the same boat as you.

You are welcome to ride with me any time (at US Airways).

And you guys are all welcome at mine...As long as you aren't wearing a G@jet ID... My friends back at Transstates are fighting this one hard and it sucks, but the jumpseat isn't open to them....

Thats just BS! Not let a guy on with a plane half full? Thats BS!!!!...and for what?????:uzi:

320AV8R said:
Like they say, it is the captain’s JS, but his personal opinion of where you work, or his frustration with this company, is no reason to deny a legitimate JS request.

320AV8R

I certainly agree with that and anyone who denies the JS to advance the captains personal agenda or biases is unprofessional and reprehensible. I only hope that what goes around comes around, although denying JS as a response is just lowering yourself to the same reprehensible conduct and perpetuates the problem.

This a professional courtesy we all extend to each other. Let's not make this a tool for our personal biases or vendetas. Granting a jumpseat to a pilot from a carrier that we may not like actually gives us the opportunity to voice our views and further our agenda. This is much more effective tool for communication and change.

You may even find out that your preconceived notions may actually be wrong by having the opportunity for a positive exchange of ideas :)

Maybe this NWA Cpt. just got a furlough notice or something. Everyone is entitled to a bad day are we not? I can sympathize with the NWA guy. He has watched a prosperous career get washed down the drain the past 4 years. He has watched airlines come in and with their significantly lower costs, due in part to employees willing to work for half as much, provide the same service his company provides for far less, thus siphoning off his work. Give the guy a break, he's firing some of the last shots in a lost war to save this profession.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back