• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

some reported united contract details

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy, remember, you were convinced age 65 would not happen.

DUH! If I was convinced it wouldn't happen, why would I have spent so much time fighting it and trying to get people to fight it???????????

You have never been the sharpest knife in the drawer; no need to continually post and remove all doubt.

Really?
My T/A says in Sec.6 Seniority 7.5, last sentence, Pilots shall receive credit for all time on furlough.

LOA 25, paragraph 4. Listed as page 463; is page 473 of the .pdf file.

Pay Longevity Credit for Furloughees
Upon date of signing, any pilot who is, or previously was, furloughed and whose accrued
pay longevity is less than that of pilots hired on or before 5/6/08 shall receive additional​
pay longevity credit for time spent on furlough, but only to the extent that such credit
does not provide a pay longevity date prior to 5/7/08. When an Integrated Seniority List is
presented to the Company that satisfies the terms of Section 5 of the Transition and​
Process Agreement (“TPA”), pilots who are or previously were furl​
oughed shall receive
additional pay longevity credit for all time spent on furlough provided that they have
additional time on furlough which was not credited for pay longevity purposes upon date
of signing, and provided further that the application of such additional credit does not
result in any s-United pilot having a pay longevity date that is earlier than the pay
longevity date of the next most senior s-Continental pilot. For purposes of the application
of the calculations required by the preceding sentence only, a hypothetical unadjusted
pay longevity date for s-Continental pilots shall be used. The hypothetical unadjusted pay
longevity date will be established by removing pay longevity reductions resulting from to

time spent on leaves of absence.

The vote will not even be close. This TA will pass.

How many guys are retiring in the next few years wondering if they will get anything?

How many soon to be Captains because of the above will be looking at Capt rates and not where they are at currently.

Mark my word....the vote will not be close.

Unfortunately, I agree with you.

Credit for furloughed guys is a SLI issue not contractual issue.

Negative Ghost Rider. The joint contract, before the SLI, gave the FNWA pilots credit for their years out on furlough. The SLI was handled by 3 arbitrators.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Furlough credit should have been a contractual issue. My understanding is that LCAL forced this into the contract - the LOA was 'my way or the highway'.

You are getting hosed. Think of the pay increase if you got the contractual pay raise plus credit for your 5 or how many ever years out on furlough? Huge.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You are getting hosed. Think of the pay increase if you got the contractual pay raise plus credit for your 5 or how many ever years out on furlough? Huge.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is an attempt by L-CAL to use the contract to affect the SLI. It may work but it may also backfire. It's a very transparent attempt to further negatively impact my career.

Latest resources

Back