• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

some Delta questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no seat lock for the aircraft you get as a new hire. The next aircraft is a two year lock unless you are moving within the 767 fleet..ie 7ER back to 767, or 7ER up to the 765.

Michael;

How about bases? Is there a "junior" base?

I live in CT and would love to drive to work.

Just thinking ahead.

Dave B

JFK is the junior base. However, in class you may be able to get other bases. Each class is different on what bases are available.

Last edited:
Michael;

Just thinking ahead.

Dave B

LGA on the 88 Shuttle is very junior as well, you could hold a line there within a few months. It's great flying and you'd be hold 15-17 days a month off after not too long, in addition to being able to pick up overtime, open time, swap/trade/drop, ect. MUCH better in my opinion that sitting rsv on an ER in JFK and never flying, little control over your schedule, sitting in a crashpad waiting for the phone to ring and landing an airplane 1x a month. The Shuttle is Perfect for someone that lives within driving distance of LGA. I would stay on it myself, but the left coast is home...so LAX here I come.

767 is domestic and domestic only, unless you consider Puerto Rico international.

Long and the short: 767=domestic, 7ER=international. Two completely separate categories.

This is incorrect in that in the 767 "domestic" you dont cross an ocean (dont do anything that requires a plotting chart) and don't cross the equator. Everything else is fair game.

I've done plenty of central america and the carribbean..Caracas is on the domestic category as well as a couple other South American cities.

You'll get to use the HF's plenty coming out of JFK down to the carribbean.

Michael;

Just thinking ahead.

NYC is the junior base, so you will be set. What is your driving time to the three NYC airports (LGA,JFK,ERW)?

I grew up in CT, still love it there, but settled in ATL now.

Ebay has Delta pilots' (FO Stripes) uniforms listed :(

Please - a Delta pilot please buy this stuff and get it off a public auction. If it is your size, save $150 to $250.

This is incorrect in that in the 767 "domestic" you dont cross an ocean (dont do anything that requires a plotting chart) and don't cross the equator. Everything else is fair game.

I've done plenty of central america and the carribbean..Caracas is on the domestic category as well as a couple other South American cities.

You'll get to use the HF's plenty coming out of JFK down to the carribbean.

I'm up in NYC 7ER doing nothing but ocean crossings. I didn't realize that the domestic was doing South America. They told us in training that that was all ATL ER stuff. I come back to ATL domestic this spring so I guess I will get to experience it soon.

I'm up in NYC 7ER doing nothing but ocean crossings. I didn't realize that the domestic was doing South America. They told us in training that that was all ATL ER stuff. I come back to ATL domestic this spring so I guess I will get to experience it soon.

On the DOM 757/767, there is NO South American flying. The 738 goes to Panama City, Guatemala City, Caracas, and eventually Quito starting in AUG, but that is it for that fleet. The domestic guys on the 757 go to Aruba, but that is as far South as they go.

Bye Bye--General Lee

On the DOM 757/767, there is NO South American flying. The 738 goes to Panama City, Guatemala City, Caracas, and eventually Quito starting in AUG, but that is it for that fleet. The domestic guys on the 757 go to Aruba, but that is as far South as they go.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Caracas and Panama City were on the 75/76 bid lists up until this month. Did two Aruba 24 hour layovers this month.

Bye Bye-- General Pineapple

Latest resources

Back