Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bmxandjets

poolside
1- how much does a new hire in training have to fork out on average for out of pocket expenses for hotel and uniforms, etc?

2- for guys assigned the 767ER, is their pay scale the 767-4 pay, or the 767/757 scale?

3- is seniority within a new class still based on last 4 of social security number? anyone know if a 5xxx actually puts you half way in the pecking order?

thanks in advance-

bmxandjets

1. My uniform package (full deal) from Abbots was 800. You can get a crashpad for training for about 250-300.

2. 767/757 pay scale.

3. Yep, last four of the social.

To add to this. The ER does not pay new hires the override in their probationary year. Something I noticed while reading the PWA. I do not know if the company will not pay it, but they do not have to if they choose not to.

Last four with 9999 being the number 1 guy behind internal transfers.

another quick question, which 767 guys actually fall in the 767-4 pay scale as listed on airlinepilotcentral.com? is it only if you happen to fly a -400 on that particular trip, soa guy might actually "bounce" around between the pay scales? thanks

The 767-400 is a separate category. They only fly the 767-400 and only get paid for the 767-400.

1. My uniform package (full deal) from Abbots was 800. You can get a crashpad for training for about 250-300.
Abbots has a higher quality product for more money than Flight Station. I have a jacket from both and my 10 year older Abbots jacket is in better shape.

If you are cheap you can get wool slacks, shoes, belt and other items at JC Penny, outlet stores, online, etc... all you really need from the uniform store are the hat and jacket.

sorry, another question.

when the the assignments go out, how does the 757/767 differ from the 767ER? Is the 757/767 just mostly domestic and the 767ER is international with some domestic? I'm familiar with AA's operations from knowing guys working there, but in the dark with Delta. Thanks for anyone who can shed a little light.

Latest resources

Back